Offline dkabab

ordered this setup about 2 months ago and it finally all rocked up. So today i got some time to test it out.

As i am looking to make a few short films, i thought i would put this to the test, and it actually came out better than expected.

trying to upload a clip to youtube at the moment... until then, heres some pics of the setup.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Offline TomE

Henley Beach Rd underpass to Mt Lofty .... C'était un Rendez-vous style ?

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

Looking forward to seeing a production

Offline dkabab

Heres the video sample....

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPS04LMB6R4" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPS04LMB6R4</a>

Offline dkabab

Better than a GoPro?

much better, gopro's are small and quick, but sacrifice overall quality. the vid I've uploaded isn't output to the best settings possible, the original file looks cleaner, but i didn't want to spend 4 hours uploading it.

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

Being attached the way it is, are there any legal issues to having using it on a public street?

Offline dkabab

Being attached the way it is, are there any legal issues to having using it on a public street?

good question.... in short, i don't know. but I'm going to find out.

Offline futurism

• Drives: Regretfully sold my GT3
  • Name: David
what camera settings are you using?
I dont see it refocusing at all, but that might be because its focused on the car mirror, although maybe you set it to manually focus and set it near infinity?

Looks like you are using a 4/3 camera, is the kit compatible with your other gear, or is this a case where a 4/3 camera will give better results? I remember reading about the amazing hacks for the gh2

Would look better (in my opinion) with some editing to bump up the vibrancy, not sure if you can change that in camera or if its better done post. Time to become an expert in Sony Vegas / Adobe Premier :)

Offline dkabab

Camera used is a Panasonic GH3, its on loan from panasonic... Im testing what will be the best solution for me.
the gh3 is a huge favourite with short film makers, its small and light and video is its speciality.

this vid was shot in 1920x1080 @ 24p cinematic. colour profile set to neutral.

as with most photos or video, colour saturation, contrast etc... can be added after, but can not be taken away.
usually best to add it all in post production.

as it gets a bit darker, I'm going to do another few laps of the block with the gh3 and then try it with my d800.

the first part of the video, i set it to manual focus and fixed on the side mirror. the 2nd vid (bonnet view, half way through vid) was shot with continuous focus.