Offline B2

• Slowest Ferrari Owner

I am suffering from an endemic plague of shop stealing scum ATM,

Thats terrible mate.  I can't understand how dishonest many are.

They reckon with the self check outs at supermarkets it's costing billions of $'s in theft.  I use them and the thought has never crossed my mind not to scan an item.

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

My sons are only 6 and 8 years old :p

My boys were running an online game and making $1000 a week at those ages.......... :o

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater
just send over whatever you need doing.

It isn't practical to do anything other than print them out in-store as I am getting hit pretty much every day now.

Offline dkabab

Not sure that will do the job  :scratchchin:

What printing technology gives the highest quality prints?

i can guarantee you, the quality is very good. but... if you want to spend more, buy a canon pixma pro 100s.

honestly the quality difference is minimal... and probably only noticeable when printing photography... i don't know how good you're pictures are that you say...

next step is a poster printer.

Offline Fil-Ski

• Drives: 993TT
My sons are only 6 and 8 years old :p

Fortunately I can use photoshop; but it can't do what I am aiming for.

8 year old will be able to do it easy. Otherwise Daves going to be a busy man.

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

Blur or photoshop out the innocent people.

I do that if there is any innocent individual in the frame that I am printing. I also add a tag that makes it relevant to everybody else. The one in use currently is: "THIEF OF THE DAY- INCREASING EVERYDAY PRICES FOR THE HONEST MAJORITY".

Offline Fil-Ski

• Drives: 993TT
I do that if there is any innocent individual in the frame that I am printing. I also add a tag that makes it relevant to everybody else. The one in use currently is: "THIEF OF THE DAY- INCREASING EVERYDAY PRICES FOR THE HONEST MAJORITY".
What the hell are they stealing?

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

What the hell are they stealing?

Anything that's not nailed down........

Offline dkabab

we use these for larger items in store

and these for smaller items. its not 100% effective, but it limits a lot of theft.

http://www.alphaworld.com/en/our-solutions/keepers/

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

Surely there has to be a way to stop these assholes..........my mate is in the same boat, $1000s a day are walking out the door. Even with a security guard on the front door..........what ever happened to the good old days when we could grab em and hold em in the office until the cops got there like when I ran the bottle shop!!  :mad:

The reason that it is totally out of control is that there are absolutely ZERO consequences for the arseholes. IF the Cops come at all it will be a day or two later and if the item is under $20 they won't do a thing. In the unlikely event that it goes to court the Judge gives them a kiss on both cheeks. So what is there to be worried about? Not a thing really. The ONLY time it has been acted upon with any seriousness is if the dirtbag is out on parole and the Cops want him/her back behind bars for more important reasons. That has happened twice in my memory.

So what is left for the poor business owner? The only thing that works (most of the time) is public shame. The reactions I get from the public are often quite amusing, which shows that the pictures are noticed. Nine times out of ten somebody knows them and gives us their name and address  :D

What do the dirtbags do? Ring up or come in and threaten to sue me (every time) and occaisionally kill me. My response is pretty much "Go your hardest, lets see who runs out of money first". On the death threats I just say that "Your murder trial will have the best security footage of the murder that any Judge and Jury has ever seen". To date I am still breathing and have never even had a call from a scumbags lawyer, much less been sued. Fuck 'em I say, the whole world has gone mad with "Oh you can't do that because X might happen".  I'll take the risk  :gnasher: