Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
My new camera has arrived!  Looks sex-e :cool:

So anyhoo, Waz if you want my old one let me know, otherwise if any other Adelaide folk want it you can have the same deal - I couldn't be bothered mailing it.  Otherwise I'll be in Brisbane/Canberra in a couple weeks and can bring it along for anyone who wants it.  After that it goes on ebay.

Offline waz356

So anyhoo, Waz if you want my old one let me know, otherwise if any other Adelaide folk want it you can have the same deal - I couldn't be bothered mailing it.  Otherwise I'll be in Brisbane/Canberra in a couple weeks and can bring it along for anyone who wants it.  After that it goes on ebay.

well i thought it might be good to have a better camera for the GOR Escape in a couple of weeks, but having now paid for the GOR Escape and with Mrs. Waz going nuts with her spending on the new kitchen i'll have to pass at this time. pity, but thanks for the offer... if anything changes in the next day or so i'll give you a call.

Offline [355]

• Token WRX Driver
  • COPTER CHAMPION

well i thought it might be good to have a better camera for the GOR Escape in a couple of weeks, but having now paid for the GOR Escape and with Mrs. Waz going nuts with her spending on the new kitchen i'll have to pass at this time. pity, but thanks for the offer... if anything changes in the next day or so i'll give you a call.

gunna
Team <200mph

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

well i thought it might be good to have a better camera for the GOR Escape in a couple of weeks

I should be back from Canberra by then, so if I still have it you can take it with you for a test drive.

Offline waz356

cool, thanks. we're driving oger on Wednesday the 7th.

Offline jim501

• Idiot Seeking Village

• Name: Cam

So when are you going to be sampling our lovely weather and what are your movements?

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

So when are you going to be sampling our lovely weather and what are your movements?

I'll be up there next friday and hitching a ride down to FNR with Moretti and Horse etc.  Not sure if he's planned something or whatever, be good to catch up with the lads.

Offline jim501

• Idiot Seeking Village

• Name: Cam
Let me know, I'll be around next friday. Saturdays out though.

Offline cel

Just to kick a 2007 thread up a bit...  :D

I'm starting to save up for a new camera, I'm planning on sticking with Sony and am looking into the possibilities for upgrading. I'm planning to buy it around the end of the year (also saving up for a car as well so not sure how fast things will go...)

Would it be smart to buy a full frame camera, or is that too much?

I'm not too familiar with it and I know I still have a lot to learn, so I'm asking the guys here that do know quite a bit and could advice me on my options.

Offline dkabab

Only full frame Sony is the a900 which is no longer made. rrp was around $3999. I think we sold our final one recently for $2400 just to get rid of it. You're lenses won't work on it anyway, well the 50mm might, but your others won't. So that leaves you with what's left. a550 is a pretty nice camera. I can take some sample pics for you tomorrow at work.

Otherwise you could jump ship before you get too serious and get yourself a 7d or d300s. Or full frame variants, 5dII or d700.

It depends on what you actually want out of a camera. Why did you want full frame? They do have their benefits, but they Also have some drawbacks.