Offline AlexAM

• Photographer

• Drives: VW Golf 118
  • Name: Alex
Hi folks,

My name is Alex, and I am posting this as a car photographer with a fairly unusual style and technique.

I invite you to have a look at what I do here:
http://www.alexmegremis.com

I am also attaching a few images from very recent shoots.

I am posting this because I am hoping to collaborate with interested car owners who are willing to volunteer their time and car. I'm open to any car that is interesting. If you love your car, I'm sure there's something interesting about it.

This is how it works:
- Each shoot takes between 1 to 3 hours for a single photograph. Following that, I take another 4 to 8 hours to process and produce the final result.
- My technique requires that the shoot be done in darkness. This is not a studio shoot. It is a form of light painting, hence the need for darkness. Message me, if you're interested, and I can provide you with a YouTube link of a time-lapse of a recent shoot I did.
- This is not a commercial venture. There is no financial aspect to it. The car owner volunteers his/her time and car for a few hours, and in return I provide full resolution JPG and TIFF files (good for wallpaper, social sharing, or print).
- Of course, I only shoot cars that I am interested in.

Typically I do these shoots in my own building's car park. It provides some interesting hints of an industrial look. Plus, I am familiar with the environment and can control it. If the car owner has an alternate suggestion, I am happy to discuss it for suitability and feasibility.

I live in Toorak, VIC. This means that either the car needs to be driven here, or the preferred alternate location needs to be within driving distance (ie inside VIC :) ).

So, that's about it.

I do this simply for the love of it. I love working with cars, and it's a good creative outlet for me. Please look at my work. If you are interested, and you believe we can work together, please feel free to reply, or message me, to discuss.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Alex

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

good luck with your venture.

Thought the art form of photography is a very personal thing, to me, they look a bit over processed ( also rule of thirds is lacking) and may not appeal to many here.  This forum has some very talented 'togs so the competition is high.

Perhaps supplying a bikini model may get you some bites

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.
I like the shots and I dont like much of anything.. some look just a little bit too drawn/rendered for me but still pretty cool.

Offline AlexAM

• Photographer

Thanks for your feedback.

I like the shots and I dont like much of anything.. some look just a little bit too drawn/rendered for me but still pretty cool.

Thanks. Appreciated. :)

Offline a.taylor

Offline NBTBRV8

Hi,

A little outside of your scope, I need a restored classic photographing for a potential magazine article.  Would you consider a day trip to Tasmania?

Offline AlexAM

• Photographer

Very cool style :thumbsup: particularly like the M3 shot.

Thanks! Much appreciated! :)

A little outside of your scope, I need a restored classic photographing for a potential magazine article.  Would you consider a day trip to Tasmania?

Sending PM.

Offline AlexAM

• Photographer

Here another one from a shoot this weekend:

VW Golf GTI Mk5, silver, Pirelli Edition

Offline AlexAM

• Photographer

It's been a while since I last posted here, so I figured I'd share some more cars...

- Mercedes A250 red (second shot)

- Nissan R35 GT-R black
Grey_2014-05-07.jpg?format=800w[/IMG]

- Volkswagen Scirocco R blue

I hope you enjoy viewing these as much as I enjoyed creating them.

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty