Offline PA

• One man comedy gala

Thinking about buying a helmet cam. The one that looks tops to me at the moment is the Contour GPS. Anyone had some experience with this or any other brands?

http://contour.com/products/contour-gps

Offline beankeen456

You should see some videos on youtube but I think this particular cam suffers from bad wind noise at speed, IMO from the videos I have seen the Gopro Hero Hd or Drift HD170 Stealth is a better option

Offline Doctor

• Left Sodways
  • Under a Vw, or behind a Camera...

The go pro is a fairly well established brand, almost unbreakable, with a range of extra stuff to make them easier to use now.

I know quite a few people who use the "DRIFT" range of camera's... the Drift 170HD Stealth and its latest incarnation are really good. Light, with some wicked extra's available, from small monopods so you can mount them to face you from your helmet so they follow your head, to suction mounts etc.

Both myself and Dave know one of the distributors for them, and I'm fairly sure he does the Contour, and I know he definitely does the Go Pro.
www.brassmunkymedia.com.au

Oversteer Scares The Passengers , Understeer Scares The Driver

Offline PA

• One man comedy gala

The Go Pro looks bulky compared to the Contour or the Drift.

At the last Moto Trial another rider had a Go Pro on his helmet for awhile but it was removed after a lap or two.

Offline dkabab

i sell the contour.... sorry i didnt call back today, was sorting some dramas.

i dont have stock at the moment but i usually do. they are pretty good, they have goggle straps, helmet, handle bar mounts etc... available. they are shock proof and water resistant, but not sure how they go for steady shot. i did have one strapped to the handle bars of a bmx for a guy at work and the vids were decent, but a bit shakey with the vibrations.

the gps model has bluetooth which is cool, it means you can see on your iphone (via an app) what it can see.

im pretty sure i remember getting an email from the supplier recently on a new model that was grey in colour... will look at work tomorrow

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
We used a hero cam in the race car, it suffered from terrible noise initially, but I stuffed some foam over the mike and it's perfect now.

Most wind noise issues can be fixed the same way.

No need to spend $100s or $1000s on a new camera etc, if wind noise is the only issue...

For example....

http://www.google.com.au/imgres?q=microphone+wind+noise+reduction&um=1&hl=en&sa=N&rlz=1T4ADFA_enAU394AU394&biw=1280&bih=635&tbm=isch&tbnid=x0jZ2tUClddfRM:&imgrefurl=http://ianperegian.com/My_FZ35_38_Webpage/SD700_with_Teleconverters.html&docid=6C0txsgf9wL79M&w=684&h=421&ei=a61qTpHDOK-ZiAfn8sSzBA&zoom=1

Offline Doctor

• Left Sodways
  • Under a Vw, or behind a Camera...

The go pro's are akward to use and mount, but work very effectively. I've used them on Helmets on a few occasions and never had issues with weight or anything. Might be an individual user thing.

The performance at night of the Drift is Phenomenal, at the recent Robertstown rally the Racecam guys stuck one inside one of the Evo's for the night stages and the vision is fantastic.
www.brassmunkymedia.com.au

Oversteer Scares The Passengers , Understeer Scares The Driver