Offline dkabab

@MHH - Go pro is probably the easiest one to use IMHO with loads of setup/mounting options! I used one in the Targa Adl and had only 1 minor issue where sound was muted in 1 of the 12 videos taken.

@dkabab - Dave - do u guys have the wi-fi bacpac in stock yet? See heaps on ebay but would prefer to support a local business! :-)

Yep I have 2 only

Offline alvchua

• Drives: Old junks
Yep I have 2 only
Can I buy/reserve one of the wifi bacpacs? will come in to the store to pick up either Thurs or Sat.
Forgiveness is easier to achieve than permission!

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.
If you're going to fake being run over, make sure a dashcam isn't on.

LOL how fake might that video be?

The video was posted by a company that sells in car cameras.

Offline v8fans

• Name: Scott
Any one used the blackvue dr400g?

I've heard they are pretty good.

Offline Coast Museum

The gopro2 is quite good but you might go for an additional external mic too!

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Got a GoPro Hero 2.  I doubt I'll ever get to use it though. How do you use a camera without a viewfinder?  If you fit a viewfinder, how you mount the camera?* I got a wifi remote but I have a choice of viewfinder or wifi but not both - is that right?  Is it me or is this thing not very good?  I should have waited for the Sony methinks.  :doh:

*Worked out that much. :o

Offline dkabab

I Havent used the wifi yet but I'm sure you and alvin can figure it out together.

Offline PA

• One man comedy gala

This is from a cycling forum.

I have just gone through the process with my GoPro HD Original and   trying to connect the remote. I found the following video helpful, it   concentrates on the HD2 though watch it as it referes to the original as   well.

Here are my tips for Setup/Connecting the Wifi Backpack
- Run a firmware update   - on the GoPro Original it is done manually by downloading an update   and putting it on the SD card. Instructions are on the download page

- I started (after a firmware update) by following the handbook instructions which did not work - I couldn't get the WFI menu, so instead of continuing, spotted the helpful video (posted below).

- The (free) Cineform studio software   was required. I don't actually need it for editing though to connect up   the wifibackpack and sync thr remote control it was required. Follow   the instructions in the video.

- It took a number of times until   the wifi backpack successfully updated. I was getting error messages and   on the third time it worked.

I have just done simple testing   only but the remote is exactly what will make my life easier. On the   remote you can see an icon with the mode (film, photo, tripleshot photo,   timer) which is incredibly handy AND when filming a red LED flashes on   the remote.

Sweet As
The   remote will turn the camera on and off. Saving battery time is a bit   concern when on long trips so in this respect it is a complete solution.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DL7eAa0O2E8" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DL7eAa0O2E8</a>

Offline calais

• Drives: WRX
Got a GoPro Hero 2.  I doubt I'll ever get to use it though. How do you use a camera without a viewfinder?  If you fit a viewfinder, how you mount the camera?* I got a wifi remote but I have a choice of viewfinder or wifi but not both - is that right?  Is it me or is this thing not very good?  I should have waited for the Sony methinks.  :doh:

*Worked out that much. :o

Still got your wires crossed or are you keen to test this out? I'm happy to keep you company for a leisurely drive this afternoon.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Still got your wires crossed or are you keen to test this out? I'm happy to keep you company for a leisurely drive this afternoon.

Ta, but I pointed the thing in the rough direction of the windscreen and went for a spin.  I'm about to see if it even turned on.