Offline dkabab

Sitting in an airport lounge with some Canon pro's now. They love the idea - take a 'sighting shot' with the iPhone and the big lens - then have all the location, time, GPS and other detail all available when cataloguing the billion other shots they take on trips.

There are gps attachments for the same price.

Offline allanuber

• Name: Al
There are gps attachments for the same price.

Phone's cooler  :)

C'mon - you should like toys.
C'mon, do it!

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head

I'm far from an expert in the field.... extremely far...
But wouldn't this set up be better than a normal iphone pic but still limited by the iPhones original lense???

In car terms you have an awesome 3inch straight through exhaust, but it is limited by a 1.5 inch catalytic converter in the middle of the system

iPhone photos are good enough as they are, but trying to get slr quality detail even with an slr lense is going to be a very tall ask.

If someone gets it let us know how it goes, i'm interested to see how well something like this could perform.
You can say I'm wrong, but my garage doesn't agree with that statement!!!

Offline dkabab

Phone's cooler  :)

C'mon - you should like toys.

I do, I wouldn't mind getting one of these... Try it out

Offline Paulstar

I think its just a gadget no more. People probably realised that a lot of DSLR users (who would already have the lenses) also have an iPhone. These guys are already accustomed to dropping $$$ on camera gear so wouldn't mind picking up one of these as well.

Pretty good idea but I think anyone without an iPhone AND a DSLR probably wouldn't want it / understand it (like me, i have neither!). I guess a fanatic might say it's good for those times when they can use their 'beater' lens and their iPhone for better than iPhone shots rather than risk their expensive camera body and good lenses for the proper shots.