Offline allanuber

• Name: Al
Is there a $$$ threshold for that?

Technically, AU$1000 retail/local value.

Though in practice it'll be based on your purchase price, so if it's more than AU$1000 based on your purchase price, there'll be 10% duty + customs paperwork charge + potential customs clearance - if customs picks it up.
C'mon, do it!

Offline flamestone

• Geekographer

• Drives: to and from everywhere
  • Name: Shane
  • www: Flamestone.com
only thing about grey lenses..... you might get hit for customs duty

Don't forget potential warranty issues too.

Offline cel

Cel, I've purchased my f4 70-220mm from B+H Photo recently (~$750 landed).  Highly recommended.  Your lens is there:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/439160-REG/Sony_SAL50F14_SAL_50F14_Normal_50mm_f_1_4.html

Thanks for the link, I'll look into them :) Did it take long for your lens to arrive?

Offline allanuber

• Name: Al
Thanks for the link, I'll look into them :) Did it take long for your lens to arrive?

Of course you'll look into it, what else would you use it for?
C'mon, do it!

Offline cel

haha sharp so early in the morning  :thumbsup:

Offline flamestone

• Geekographer

• Drives: to and from everywhere
  • Name: Shane
  • www: Flamestone.com
haha sharp so early in the morning  :thumbsup:

Sssshhhh...  he probably still thinks it's the night before.

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Technically, AU$1000 retail/local value.

Though in practice it'll be based on your purchase price, so if it's more than AU$1000 based on your purchase price, there'll be 10% duty + customs paperwork charge + potential customs clearance - if customs picks it up.

Don't ask them to write "Gift" on the customs form.  I know a few of the guys well in the customs office and they just roll the eyes and put the package in the "Tax 'em to hell" pile.   :p

The online shops sound like they can be trusted if they have good feedback?? Would there be any chance of these being counterfeit??? A work mate purchased an Ipod touch thingy from one of these cheap online deals, when he got it, it looked like an Ipod, it felt like an Ipod, it tasted like an Ipod. But turn it over and on the back was printed "PineApple".   :teehee:

Offline Doctor

• Left Sodways
  • Under a Vw, or behind a Camera...

B&H are pretty we respected in the industry, they have pretty good turnaround times for their gear as well

There are a few Oz based grey retailers, Discount Digital Photographics for instance that are relatively good as well, this will bypass any possible customs problem cos the items are allready in oz before they are sold to you. Ive bought from them, my 100-400 was bought from them, and have had good experiences dealing with them

The only guys your likely to have trouble with counterfeit items is going to be an ebay based seller or someone based in Hong Kong or something
www.brassmunkymedia.com.au

Oversteer Scares The Passengers , Understeer Scares The Driver

Offline 98octane

Not long - maybe a week.  Very professional service.  Lens was very well packaged and in pristine condition.  I was lucky the $A was around $.92 US when I bought my lens.

Offline app

Nothing wrong with buying lenses grey Cel, im buying my next two lenses (85 1.8 and 300 2.8) grey midyear, best way to save some coin ;)

if there is nothing really wrong with buying grey lenses, assuming you take all safety precautions, what do you think on buying grey camera bodies?

Latest Discussions

BOARD TOPIC MEMBER POSTED
[ McLaren ] 675 LT Spider JPG Yesterday at 23:20
[ Racing ] 2017 Formula 1 Tipping game PA Yesterday at 20:43
[ Racing ] Seeking photos of Brian Ginger - died in 1993 London-Sydney Marathon Chicky01 Yesterday at 17:38
[ Ferrari ] 812 Superfast shack Yesterday at 16:57
[ Funny Cool Stoopid ] it's funny cause i'm drunk!! dodger Yesterday at 16:20
[ Racing ] Australian GT series dkabab Yesterday at 13:32
[ Off Topic ] Real Estate 360c Yesterday at 11:48
[ British Cars ] JAGUAR XJ220 tdc911 Fri, 24 Mar, 2017 - 17:36
[ Air Crash Investigations ] For those thinking of a private jet dkabab Fri, 24 Mar, 2017 - 17:32
[ Racing ] Lola Larousse LC88 goober Fri, 24 Mar, 2017 - 17:17