Offline flamestone

• Geekographer

• Drives: to and from everywhere
  • Name: Shane
  • www: Flamestone.com
Picked up my new Canon EOS 450D. :thumbsup:

Also got the Tamron 28-300mm with their new-ish "Vibration Compensation" technology.

Fingers crossed I can come to grips with using it effectively before I go grey(-er).

Offline app

Picked up my new Canon EOS 450D. :thumbsup:

Also got the Tamron 28-300mm with their new-ish "Vibration Compensation" technology.

Fingers crossed I can come to grips with using it effectively before I go grey(-er).

Sounds good. I've actually been looking into that particular camera so I'd be very interested in hearing what you say about it. What did it cost you?

Offline 98octane

I've got the 400D.  Just got it back from servicing by Canon.  Much better now.  If I get a chance on the w/e I'll upload before and after comparison pics.

Offline Doctor

• Left Sodways
  • Under a Vw, or behind a Camera...

Ive seen some before and after shots from cameras after a good clean, the difference is surprising, my 400d will be going in soon, but the 50d isnt in need of one yet.....

Keep us posted on the 450d, i considered it, but didnt want to have two types of memory cards, and always had my eyes on the XXd series, the XXXd series was because i couldnt afford the one i really wanted......
www.brassmunkymedia.com.au

Oversteer Scares The Passengers , Understeer Scares The Driver

Offline flamestone

• Geekographer

• Drives: to and from everywhere
  • Name: Shane
  • www: Flamestone.com
so I'd be very interested in hearing what you say about it

Perfectly happy with it.  And really, I can't say I'd be less happy if I'd spent less, or more happy if I'd spent more.

It's always still going to come back to technique and your eye for a good photo.

But same as advice from me as you've been given in another thread:  whatever your budget, spend minimally on the body to spare some for good lenses.

Offline Doctor

• Left Sodways

whatever your budget, spend minimally on the body to spare some for good lenses.

Some of the best advice that can be given on camera purchase!

Offline app

Some of the best advice that can be given on camera purchase!

Perfectly happy with it.  And really, I can't say I'd be less happy if I'd spent less, or more happy if I'd spent more.

It's always still going to come back to technique and your eye for a good photo.

But same as advice from me as you've been given in another thread:  whatever your budget, spend minimally on the body to spare some for good lenses.

Yeah well my plan was to buy the body first at a reasonable price and then shop around for the lens to see which ones I buy. However, as the Doctor recommended I should get my hands on one and considering he has the 400D I'd like to try this out first if he will allow me.

At the moment Flamestone, I just have a basic 7 mega pixel digital camera. I take some good photos - others have also told me so my skill will be alright hopefully :p. Furthermore, my main motivation for wanting to buy a DSLR is because I get really sick of good photos being ruined because of the camera and want a camera that I can control - ie through different lenses and doing different adjustments that you can't do on the standard digital camera.

Offline Doctor

• Left Sodways

Ill be running around the classic Adelaide on wed/thur/fri with it, ill PM my contact details and if you can get in there and catch up with me, your more than welcome to have a play with it, both with battery grip and without :)