Offline DL599

• nee Melbourne Exotics

• Name: Damon
Ask friends and family if they know anyone with a decent car.
Downshift does some cool car meets, the Paul Walker tribute cruise had over 3000 cars, not all exotics but u gotta start somewhere.
But get a better camera first, people won't take you seriously with a phone ;)
if your car feels safe, your not going fast enough

Offline Ali_R

• Drives: 2006 Subaru Impreza
  • Name: Aloush!
Ali from Brisbane/Gold Coast Exotic Car Spotting could help you out he is the head guy on the page. When I went over to Brisbane and the GC, I went to Fortitude Valley, were the Lambo dealer is and to Tedder Ave in the Gold Coast but pretty much were ever you go in the GS your likely to see something. For car spotting whilst in a vehicle I would suggest to use sport mode but if you come across something parked put it onto manual and get a good shot.
I think that's a good idea ;P Plus you pretty much summed up a few of the best places to spot cars and you're not even from around here :P

Offline gsteiner

Ask friends and family if they know anyone with a decent car.
Downshift does some cool car meets, the Paul Walker tribute cruise had over 3000 cars, not all exotics but u gotta start somewhere.
But get a better camera first, people won't take you seriously with a phone ;)

Just bought my first DSLR today, will keep my eyes peeled for any car events, I guess they would be the best starting point and hopefully meet some people that would be keen to let me shoot their rides free.

Would you say that most people would be happy to let me shoot their car If I didnt charge a price? purely just for working on my personal hobby/portfolio, I can send them the images after post process

Offline OzCarSightings

• Will eat your baby
  • Photographer

• Drives: GenF HSV/Golf R32/motorbike
  • www: JanGlovac.com
Thats how I started out 8-9 yrs ago - do shoots for free to gain experience/get better/make contacts. Now I'm at a point where I only do shoots for a fee (besides for friends) and eventually if your name gets out there you will have exotic owners contacting you for a shoot.

Good luck, keep practicing on whatever car you can get your hands on.

Offline gsteiner

Thats how I started out 8-9 yrs ago - do shoots for free to gain experience/get better/make contacts. Now I'm at a point where I only do shoots for a fee (besides for friends) and eventually if your name gets out there you will have exotic owners contacting you for a shoot.

Good luck, keep practicing on whatever car you can get your hands on.

Yep you are right. Real keen to better myself at this
Thanks very much and all the best to you!