Offline app

I'm selling my old Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II lens, great condition- has only been used 5 or so times after I bought it in April last year. Supposedly every photographer should have a 50mm lens.

Just ask and I can post some photographs I've taken with it.

$50

I've found this to be a great quality lens to have. I used it a lot in the beginning, not so much now, but I should.

May I ask why you are selling?

Offline T0M722

I've found this to be a great quality lens to have. I used it a lot in the beginning, not so much now, but I should.

I enjoyed it so much that I upgraded to the 50 f/1.4   :)
:)

Offline allanuber

• Name: Al

Hey sorry to the guys that responded on the Canon V Nikon question, I missed some good feedback.

Appreciate the inputs, I'm trying to get some freebies for your efforts, will PM you with the details.

cheers
al
C'mon, do it!

Offline Laminator

• https://www.facebook.com/photoesel/

Probably to move up to a 1.4!

Offline Jamezilla

• Drives: BMWs for everyone!
  • Name: James
Hi Tom
Will that work on a 500D?
I've only got the basic kit lens at the moment.
Would love to see some of the shots - post them or just email to james@jw-group.com.au
Thanks!
J

Offline dkabab

Offline app

Hey sorry to the guys that responded on the Canon V Nikon question, I missed some good feedback.

Appreciate the inputs, I'm trying to get some freebies for your efforts, will PM you with the details.

cheers
al

*Not trying to get some freebie but will add something*

Back when deciding to get a DSLR, 2009/2010 I had no idea whether to get Nikon or Canon and it was a choice between these two.

I asked dozens of people - shop people, friends/acquaintances, a couple on here. Most said overall they really are similar and for a person starting out the decision should be based on personal feel.

A couple of people who really know cameras told me that once upon a time, Canon was the best no question, therefore it was easier to pick this over Nikon.

I think price is fairly similar, otherwise if it's different I don't think it's going to play a large influence on whether to get Canon or Nikon.

In the end, I tried both cameras and decided based on personal preference - Canon.

A lot of people say they prefer Nikon menu options but I felt myself gravitating towards the Canon menu options and the actual feel of the camera.

Am loving it, just wish I had more time to play with it....oh and more $$$ to buy different lens :P

Edit: At some point in the future after I've gained enough experience and looking for more I probably would upgrade to a better body. To switch to a Nikon, it'd have to be that much better and if I haven't already spent too much on Canon.

Offline app

I enjoyed it so much that I upgraded to the 50 f/1.4   :)
Probably to move up to a 1.4!
Yes it will

Great lens for the $

Having already got the Canon 50 f1.8, is it worth spending the extra money to get 1.4?

Offline dkabab

Having already got the Canon 50 f1.8, is it worth spending the extra money to get 1.4?

Yes and no. It's much better build quality, the 1.8 is quite plasticky and not as quick to focus, but makes a great beginners lens. Unless you're using it all the time, stick with the 1.8.

Offline T0M722

Hi Tom
Will that work on a 500D?
I've only got the basic kit lens at the moment.
Would love to see some of the shots - post them or just email to james@jw-group.com.au
Thanks!
J

Yeah will work on the 500D no worries. I've got the 550D.

:)