Offline app

Since there is a lot of new photography threads popping up, I wanted to start one on a big problem I have, blurring and hope we can help each other on this, not just me.

I have a lot of trouble when it comes to editing blur in photos. I get really frustrated at a really good photo being ruined by blur.

How does everyone remove blur from their photos in Photoshop and other photo programs. I have tried for so long trying to experiment with it and seem to get no where.

Offline dkabab

any examples? i cant say i have ever been able to get a clear picture out of a blury one. you can always sharpen, but it often becomes grainy, and still not clear.
if anyone knows of a way to do it flawlessly, i would love to know.

Offline flamestone

• Geekographer

• Drives: to and from everywhere
  • Name: Shane
  • www: Flamestone.com
Well there's always some form of "healing" you can do, but in the end, you've got a photoshopped photo with probably less satisfaction than when you get the photo right in the first place.

But it really depends on what you're goal is.  If you've got a customer that is paying you for that photo, then I guess you do whatever you can, but otherwise, is there a point?

After all of that, you could always sell the camera and take up 3D modelling...

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
any examples? i cant say i have ever been able to get a clear picture out of a blury one. you can always sharpen, but it often becomes grainy, and still not clear.
if anyone knows of a way to do it flawlessly, i would love to know.

Ask the guys who make CSI and shows like that - they always seem to be able to do this by clicking an ENHANCE button :eek:

Offline STi Nut

• Drives: Toyota GTS 86
Ask the guys who make CSI and shows like that - they always seem to be able to do this by clicking an ENHANCE button :eek:

in the real world we call that button the BULL SHIT button  :p

Offline app

in the real world we call that button the BULL SHIT button  :p

LOL  :D.

Seriously, I have seen people turn absolute shocker of photos in really good ones. I just never seem to be able to do it. With the absolute shockers, I just hit delete. But the ones that are only slightly blurry, I have hope that I can fix these up.

Offline flamestone

• Geekographer

Give us an example and then we'll go from there...

Offline app

Give us an example and then we'll go from there...

Could be a while. My HDD on my other computer crashed. Had to put a new one in there and yet to find a program at a reasonable cost to recover the files which includes my 20GB worth of good/slightly good photos.

Offline flamestone

• Geekographer

Offline app

Everybody's idea of "reasonable" is different, but http://www.recovermyfiles.com.

Thanks, but like most of the others, it costs money to get it ($59.95 USD). Everyone of them I've tried so far lets you find your files, which it does on mine, but tells you that you can't get them unless you pay for it. Problem is, I'm only going to use it once, so there is no point in really buying one yet.