Offline dkabab

Challenge #3: Extreme Weather

This fortnights challenge is to get a photo of EXTREME WEATHER... whether it be floods, lightning, drought etc...

Of course intersting subject matter will be encouraged. while a sunset is nice, its not always extreme weather.

Deadline for submission: Midnight on the 31/01/2009
Voting: Usual 3,2,1 points system

This thread is for submissions and minor comments only (eg, thumbs-up etc) - for discussion of this challenge please use the following thread: http://aussieexotics.com/forum/photography/photography-challange-3-extreme-weather-bs-thread-t3298.0.html;msg6666666#new

The winner of the challenge should create a new challenge thread on the following Monday before midnight

Midnight in your time-zone. If it becomes an issue, we will attach a time-zone to the submission deadlines.

Rules:
 - The photo must be your own work.
 - If photo is larger than 800 pixels please link to it via a thumbnail or medium-res pic, or upload it as an attachment to your post which will do this automatically
 - You are free to submit photos taken at any time from any camera.
 - You are only allowed to submit one photo per challenge.  Subsequent submissions will imply you wish to have your previous submission deleted from this thread.
 - You are free to do post processing provided it doesn't relate specifically to challenge (levels, exposure etc).
 - Anyone AE member can vote, only 1 vote per member. Photographers may vote also but not for themselves.
 - In the event of a tie, the winner will be the person who has won the least amount of times in the past.

Any ideas for more rules for this challenge can be posted here.

For further discussion of challenge rules in general, see this thread: http://aussieexotics.com/forum/photography/photography-challenge-rules-banter-t2682.0.html

Good luck boys, hope you have fun with this one.

Past Challenges & Winners:
#1, Panning - tdc911
#2, Light Trails - dkabab

Offline CortinaD

Here's my entry.

Took this a couple of years ago on the way to the station just out of Morgan. It is a couple of mini "twisters", not shown too well with this camera but its in the centre of the shot and slightly to the left is one that has already broken up.

Offline flamestone

• Geekographer

• Drives: to and from everywhere
  • Name: Shane
  • www: Flamestone.com
I doubt I'm going to get anything new between now and the 31st, so here's my light trails, ummm, I mean extreme weather entry.  ;)

Offline dkabab

Heres mine, Drought of the lower lakes. the Jetty to nowhere.

Offline CortinaD

Heres mine, Drought of the lower lakes. the Jetty to nowhere.

:( man we have really fucked up.

Offline STi Nut

• Drives: Toyota GTS 86

Offline 98octane

Here's my contribution to this challenge.  After spending weeks in freezing Europe (-5 to -20 every day), I thought a snow photo is most appropriate.  It was actually snowing moderately when I took this shot.

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Offline B2

• Slowest Ferrari Owner

This was temp as displayed in the boganmobile when I got home from work today. :)

Nothing spectacular as far photography is concerned, but it is extreme weather.  Peaked at 46 while driving home.