Linked Events

• Photography Challenge Panning: Mon, 10 Nov, 2008 - Sun, 23 Nov, 2008

Offline CortinaD

Challenge: Panning.

The first AE challenge was inspired by Doctor_Sodways pictures in the other thread. This fortnights challenge is to Pan anything you wish to give the viewer the impression of great speed. Use your imagination :)

Deadline for submission: Midnight on the 24/11/2008
Deadline for member voting: Midnight on the 26/10/2008

The winner of the challenge should create a new challenge thread on the following Monday before midnight (1/12/2008)

Midnight in your time-zone. If it becomes an issue, we will attach a time-zone to the submission deadlines.

Rules:
 - The photo must be your own work.
 - If photo is larger than 800 pixels please link to it via a thumbnail or medium-res pic, or upload it as an attachment to your post which will do this automatically
 - You are free to submit photos taken at any time from any camera.
 - You are only allowed to submit one photo per challenge.
 - You are free to do post processing provided it doesn't relate specifically to challenge (levels, exposure etc).
 - Anyone AE member can vote, only 1 vote per member. Photographers may vote also but not for themselves.
 - In the event of a tie, the winner will be the person who has won the least amount of times in the past. For this first challenge, the winner of a tie will be determined by the site owner.

Any ideas for more rules for this challenge can be posted here.

For further discussion of challenge rules in general, see this thread: http://aussieexotics.com/forum/photography/photography-challenge-rules-banter-t2682.0.html

Good luck boys, hope you have fun with this one.

Past Challenges & Winners:
#1, Panning - (t.b.a)

(ash edit: added to calendar and added link to general rules thread and amended photo size rule)

Offline STi Nut

• Drives: Toyota GTS 86
should we just post the photo here? and if so i think you should add another rule about frame size, i.e. making the image a max of 1280 or 1600 wide so we don't get massive 4000p wide photos.....

and i think post processing should not be allowed, for this challenge atleast, panning is a skill of the photographer not a skill of the photoshop.

other than that i think this is an awesome idea! will be posting my best pic soon.

Offline CortinaD

Offline Doctor

• Left Sodways
  • Under a Vw, or behind a Camera...

Im honored!  :D

Awesome idea, this sort of thing should push some of the photographers on here to think outside their normal photography and start experimenting with stuff they might not normally do  :thumbsup:

I have an idea of a few photos ive taken for this one, cant wait to see what people have!
www.brassmunkymedia.com.au

Oversteer Scares The Passengers , Understeer Scares The Driver

Offline 98octane

Great idea.  Any suggestions where I might find subjects for panning?  Are there any track days in Vic soon

I've tried on public roads before but I won't do this again because drivers are very suspicious given the high police/camera presence on Vic roads and they slow down a lot.

Offline Doctor

• Left Sodways
  • Under a Vw, or behind a Camera...

Oh man, i can suggest some..... but that might mean i post something similar to someone else!

But seriously, BMX.... Skate park.... Dowhillers? Animals.... my dogs are damn quick through my backyard......
www.brassmunkymedia.com.au

Oversteer Scares The Passengers , Understeer Scares The Driver

Offline CortinaD

Great idea.  Any suggestions where I might find subjects for panning?  Are there any track days in Vic soon

I've tried on public roads before but I won't do this again because drivers are very suspicious given the high police/camera presence on Vic roads and they slow down a lot.

You could pan wildlife?

Offline 98octane

You could pan wildlife?

Good idea.  I thought this might have been restricted to cars, but obviously not.

Offline flamestone

• Geekographer

• Drives: to and from everywhere
  • Name: Shane
  • www: Flamestone.com
BMX.... Skate park....

Now that's a good place to start practising:  http://www.flamestone.com/index.php?option=com_gallery2&Itemid=7&g2_itemId=1405

Anything moving in a straight line is kind of like cheating, but if you can figure a trajectory, then that's really cool.  :thumbsup: