Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession

FF, are you attending the 12 hr Bathurst next year?

Depends if GT are on the support card... Yes, if so.

100% will not be running the 12 hr race itself with a GT car though.

Offline STi Nut

• Drives: Toyota GTS 86
here is what i am thinking of putting in, took about 15 or so attempts with a 30 second shutter and a laser pointer. ALOT harder than i had first thought it would be!!

Offline CortinaD

Fwiw I think that's fantastic stinut. I notice that BMW used that technique to hightlight the outside along with light trails by flash rear curtin sync on a 3 series. 

Offline STi Nut

• Drives: Toyota GTS 86
here are a few other attempts, first i was trying it with a large mag light but couldn't get a good shot in with only 30seconds...... needed about 70seconds but i can only do 30. so thats when i decided to point the camera on the roof and use a laser pointer. I originally wantted to do it on my neighbors new sliding gate but they had motion lights that turned on and stuffed everything up!

Offline CortinaD

Here are some of my attempts.

Camera is set to rear curtain sync but the results aren't the same as what the books tell me I should get. I think the problem is my flash isn't giving enough of a "whack" to make the last bit when the flash fires, overpower the rest of the exposure.

Any ideas?

Offline dkabab

not sure about the flash..... but you need a longer exposure.... also try it later in the day. dusk etc... wait till the sun goes down but its still sorta light

Offline flamestone

• Geekographer

• Drives: to and from everywhere
  • Name: Shane
  • www: Flamestone.com
I'm notice in the voting I'm getting a lot of 3rds...   Damn me for not having a car in the photo. :waah:

Would it help if you knew that I had an Aston Martin V8 Vantage parked just to my right and the keys were in my pocket as I clicked the shutter?  :D

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

I'm notice in the voting I'm getting a lot of 3rds...   Damn me for not having a car in the photo. :waah:

Would it help if you knew that I had an Aston Martin V8 Vantage parked just to my right and the keys were in my pocket as I clicked the shutter?  :D

Hell, why didn't you say so.

Where's that voting thread???

Offline PA

• One man comedy gala