Offline CortinaD

should we just post the photo here? and if so i think you should add another rule about frame size, i.e. making the image a max of 1280 or 1600 wide so we don't get massive 4000p wide photos.....

and i think post processing should not be allowed, for this challenge atleast, panning is a skill of the photographer not a skill of the photoshop.

other than that i think this is an awesome idea! will be posting my best pic soon.

Nice, will edit the first post if I can.

Maybe we should cap it at level, exposure adjustments etc and feel free to add borders?

Offline dkabab

Nice, will edit the first post if I can.

Maybe we should cap it at level, exposure adjustments etc and feel free to add borders?

I agree, some post processing, like cropping, contrast and saturation, but limit it to simple things like that…

Offline flamestone

• Geekographer

• Drives: to and from everywhere
  • Name: Shane
  • www: Flamestone.com
Maybe even max width of 1024.  Gut feel tells me any preferred shots won't require huge image sizes.

Post processing is a tricky one.  Sometimes minor contrast/saturation adjustments are "harmless", but any retouching is just plain cheating.  :)

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
I didn't see anything mentioned - should we limit entries to those taken WITHIN the time-frame, or just you can enter any of your photos you've taken any time?

Also - once we've got the "rules" sorted, I'll split out all the rules-banter posts into a separate thread that we can refer back to so as not to clutter this one which should mostly be about submissions.

When the challenge is over, do you intend to post another thread for voting, or would you like me to add a poll to the thread?  Two things to note - I'm not sure I can *add* a poll to an existing thread, but if an empty poll is posted to start with I can modify it - and I don't think this forum allows for viewing of who voted for what, even I as admin can't see that without trawling through the back-end database which isn't simple, so the bit about not voting for yourself may be moot.

Oh - one more thing about voting, think about the option of allowing people to have multiple votes - sometimes it may be relevant, sometimes not.

Once the challenge is over I can send out a bulletin to encourage folks to vote to make it meaningful, and put the results on the front page of the site. :cool:

Offline app

should we just post the photo here? and if so i think you should add another rule about frame size, i.e. making the image a max of 1280 or 1600 wide so we don't get massive 4000p wide photos.....

and i think post processing should not be allowed, for this challenge atleast, panning is a skill of the photographer not a skill of the photoshop.

other than that i think this is an awesome idea! will be posting my best pic soon.

So long as you don't do it at uni, you'll use up your entire semesters worth of internet quota just for viewing that 1280  or 1600 wide photo :p!!

Offline Doctor

• Left Sodways
  • Under a Vw, or behind a Camera...

- You are free to submit photos taken at any time from any camera.
 - You are only allowed to submit one photo per challenge.

Was in there....... :)

So long as you don't do it at uni, you'll use up your entire semesters worth of internet quota just for viewing that 1280  or 1600 wide photo :p!!

Im yet to use all my internet, the department keeps giving me more!
www.brassmunkymedia.com.au

Oversteer Scares The Passengers , Understeer Scares The Driver

Offline STi Nut

• Drives: Toyota GTS 86
I have seen this kind of challenge done on a few other forums, they usually have one thread for rules and submitting the photos then there is a second thread for the vote's,

i think this should be a monthly comp aswell...

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

For embedding within a forum post please only post a thumbnail or medium size (600-800px) which links to hi-res, forum software doesn't really contribute too well to showing massive images in a post.

Imageshack etc usually have forum embed options for this, otherwise just upload it as an attachment into your post which will do it automatically, or add it to your AE portfolio by uploading it to the gallery which will provide you with the embed code.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

Was in there....... :)

Ah missed that thanks :doh:

Also - as for submissions... only one per challenge per photographer, but should be mentioned that you are allowed to change your chosen submission any time up until the expiry date - yeah?  Just means we can sit here and um n aah for a while until we decide which is our best for the relevant challenge :p

Offline CortinaD

Monthly sounds good. I also stated that photos taken at anytime are ok as thats how its run elsewhere.

Voting in another thread by posting up all the submissions? Provided that we dont post to much in the thread so its easy to work out who has submitted and what one is their last one sounds like a go-oer