Offline 265T

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
i've been having a bit of a play between posts

what do you think between the original & photoshopped versions? Am i on the right track or is it overdone?

looks a bit better, not too much you can do with it, one of the banes of a photographers life is a plain overcast sky.  proper clouds are awesome, and sunny skies at least have some graduation in the colouring, but a plain overcast sky is often impossible to make look any good. :(

Offline 265T

so you've just used brightness/contrast on that? i used some hue/saturation

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

so you've just used brightness/contrast on that? i used some hue/saturation

added a little saturation too, bring out the green.  it actually looked equally alright with almost zero saturation too.

Offline 265T

here's one i took today trying to get the arty farty angle

Online OzCarSightings

• Will eat your baby
  • Photographer

• Drives: GenF HSV/Golf R32/motorbike
  • www: JanGlovac.com

i've been playing with shutter speeds atm to get the blurred background effect

shutter speed isn't going to affect the depth of field (blurred b/g) - start playing with the aperture. :)

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

shutter speed isn't going to affect the depth of field (blurred b/g) - start playing with the aperture. :)

welcome sensei  :worship:

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

i was always amazed at the colours in your shots, i feel a lot better now knowing most of my shots look like the befores

back on this one again, last year in the NT Finny ( http://aussieexotics.com/forum/profiles/finny-u42.html ) told me that i HAVE to get a polariser.

much like sunnies, it removes a lot of glare, and depending on the angle of the lens (you can twist it) you can nullify various glare effects or emphasise colours.  the biggest difference it has is that you no longer require anywhere near as much contrast, as the colours are somewhat deeper, and the skies are much much more dramatic.  this depends a lot on the time of day too, when the sun is at a greater than 45 degree angle the effects are much more pronounced, when it's high in the sky, it takes more effort to make the most of it.

i only just got my polarising filter before the last NT trip, and the difference is pretty amazing on the majority of pics.  however, the caveat is that a great deal more of my photos were completely bloody useless, especially with more than a couple X zoom.  i don't know why this is, but it was annoying as i thought i'd taken some great photos.  :mad:

here's a couple original photos, absolutely *nothing* done to them, as you can see almost nothing apart from some cropping is needed on these pics, gives you an idea of what the right angles can do with a polarising filter - compared to the "washed out" photos i posted earlier.

Offline 265T

:o thanks dingo

Offline 265T

here's a couple original photos, absolutely *nothing* done to them, as you can see almost nothing apart from some cropping is needed on these pics, gives you an idea of what the right angles can do with a polarising filter - compared to the "washed out" photos i posted earlier.

wow.....that's a big difference Ash

my photos were completely bloody useless, especially with more than a couple X zoom.  i don't know why this is, but it was annoying as i thought i'd taken some great photos.  :mad:

what happened to the crap shots - why were they crap?