Offline cel

A bit like cross processing, or is that too much?

If lazy, you can download the action for photoshop from here: http://www.deviantart.com/download/37361895/Cross_Processing_by_JennyW.atn

All you need to do is load the action in Photoshop and run one of the few action options.

Offline cjay

Offline cel

haha it was the closest i had to a classic car without the spare hard drive plugged in :P

Offline Laminator

Been playing with Lightroom 3 for the last few hours... really enjoying the noise reduction tool... every other one I've used is too heavy and softens the wrong parts of the photos, this does it a lot better. Obviously, some sharpness is lost, but I'd rather have less detail than all that damn noise.

Here's an example of a DBS I shot a couple of years ago with my noiseriffic EOS 20D.

Before:

After:

Very happy with the results.  :D

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
Been playing with Lightroom 3 for the last few hours... really enjoying the noise reduction tool... every other one I've used is too heavy and softens the wrong parts of the photos, this does it a lot better. Obviously, some sharpness is lost, but I'd rather have less detail than all that damn noise.

Oooh that's pretty damn good!  I've got loads of photos that were great angles and everything but which I never bothered uploading anywhere cos of noise issues.

So is this an add-on for Photoshop or something?

Offline tdc911

Obviously, some sharpness is lost, but I'd rather have less detail than all that damn noise.

Here's an example of a DBS I shot a couple of years ago with my noiseriffic EOS 20D.
Why were you shooting at ISO 1600 if you care so much about noise? The results from Lightroom do look good.

Offline pku

Offline Laminator

So is this an add-on for Photoshop or something

It's like an extension of PS, kind of a more simple program that leaves out all the fancy crap that comes with PS.

Why were you shooting at ISO 1600 if you care so much about noise?

To be honest, this was back when I had little to no clue what I was doing with a camera except for just pointing and shooting... Plus, anything slower than 1/100sec with the 18-55mm EF-S is just too soft.

Offline 98octane

To be honest, this was back when I had little to no clue what I was doing with a camera except for just pointing and shooting... Plus, anything slower than 1/100sec with the 18-55mm EF-S is just too soft.

Agreed.  You need very still hands or a tripod.  Even then it's not great.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
Holy crap - I've been using Picasaweb since it started but it was always kinda a lame version of Flickr, just had another look - they've brought in an online photo editor, and it's really, really, good.