Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

When it comes to cars parked at residences, if it's in the drive way, close to the road I guess it's fair game

That might be an issue for some.

Offline gsteiner

As someone who does this often as a hobby I don't tend to blank out plates since my photos only really go onto Perth Car Spotting, though these are some of the guidelines I go by:

If you happen to come across something on the street and the owner is getting in or out of the car or whatever, ask if you can get a photo of it, since that's the polite thing to do, they might ask you to blank out the plates for whatever reason and you should respect there wishes.

If a car is out on the street it is far game, like other people have said before, if you don't want it photographed, don't take it out. When it comes to cars parked at residences, if it's in the drive way, close to the road I guess it's fair game but if its parked behind a gate or in a open garage you should leave it alone. If you're doing a portfolio I would stay clear of private propriety unless you've got yourself a photo shoot.

After reading through this thread I'll make sure never to use a photo for business purposes without an owners consent, I never though about doing it and I don't plan on doing it in the future, you're in for some shit if the guy suing owns a ferrari/lambo etc.

Thanks for this too, makes a lot of sense and will always be sure to ask the owner if they are around.. everyone has been a great help here thanks all for clearing this up for me.

Always good to know what is allowed and not allowed before actually doing it and getting into a legal mess

Offline Kuleo0z

• Perth Car Spotting

• Name: Matt
That might be an issue for some.

I try to stay away from it, if it's a phone pic its all right I guess but if you jump out your car with a DLSR and set up a shot it's pushing it and you shouldn't take it.

Offline TomE

When it comes to cars parked at residences, if it's in the drive way, close to the road I guess it's fair game.

What if a crazy bikie owns the house and takes offence to your invasion of privacy? Plenty of them own nice cars.
"There's too many self-Indulgent wieners in this city with too much bloody money! Now, if I was driving a 1967 275 GTB four-cam... "

Offline fivesix

If it's in a driveway, you should have more respect than to post online in my opinion.

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

What if a crazy bikie owns the house and takes offence to your invasion of privacy? Plenty of them own nice cars.

And have surprisingly good taste as well....