Offline dkabab

The poster arrived today - brilliant turnaround even though I didn't pay for express shipping.

I'll probably get it framed but I couldn't resist chucking it up on the wall next to my desk - it looks fantastic.  Thanks again!

No thank you. Looks good, what's the print quality like?

That was pretty quick

Offline jamesatfish

No thank you. Looks good, what's the print quality like?

That was pretty quick

The quality is pretty good - the printing is obviously inkjet so you can see the dithering especially on the front of Mark's yellow car, but I'm really impressed with the stock which is more like a canvas than a regular glossy photo paper. I'll take a closeup pic tomorrow to share.

It's quite glossy - probably the only downside of it not being framed right now is that from pretty much every angle it reflects our LED downlights quite strongly making the image difficult to see.  Thankfully the sweet spot as per the pic above isn't far from where I sit.

Offline dkabab

there are many options for the printing... i might order a few myself just to see the difference. The turn around time was impressive.

FYI, this site has done well. Ive now sold over $200 (profit) worth of stuff. posters, stickers, t-shirts, a dress.... mostly of a sunset photo i uploaded... I'm slowly adding more and more content. not big money yet... but see how it goes.

Offline jamesatfish

So what I chose was the Poster option because that had the largest print size - I'm guessing the Photographic Print or Art Print option might have given better print quality but they didn't have the large size option I wanted.

Offline 98octane

there are many options for the printing... i might order a few myself just to see the difference. The turn around time was impressive.

FYI, this site has done well. Ive now sold over $200 (profit) worth of stuff. posters, stickers, t-shirts, a dress.... mostly of a sunset photo i uploaded... I'm slowly adding more and more content. not big money yet... but see how it goes.

I have a few photos on there. Sold 16, made $4.32. Not worth my time!

Offline JanG

• Will eat your baby
  • Photographer

• Drives: BMW M2/STI track car
  • www: JanGlovac.com
I have a few photos on there. Sold 16, made $4.32. Not worth my time!

You can adjust what margin you put on each product - yours is clearly too low! Or you're only selling postcards etc.

I've had my account for about 7 years now, doesn't make huge dollars compared to the price of a shoot/day rate but good for some extra pocket money.

Offline Fil-Ski

• Name: Scuderia
Here is my insight about marketplaces based on bluethumb.com.au

You can not rely on the marketplace to generate  your sales - particularly if the market place has  lots of vendors and similar goods.

The most successful people on bluethumb market outside our platform (social, own website, email) and just use us as a facilitator of the transaction.
You need a great profile page, profile images and a detailed story so that people get a connection with your work.
Most market places run algorithms so make sure you continue to add content and sell. This will mean you rank higher across the site.
Be different or put a unique spin on it. Don't sell the 100x copy of the same thing.
Contact the marketplace content team or blog writers and ask to get a feature blog or similar.

Offline JanG

• Will eat your baby
  • Photographer

• Drives: BMW M2/STI track car
  • www: JanGlovac.com
I think this is the same colour as on the 40th Anniversary Murcielago?

I like it, although I don't think the red calipers work well with it.

Offline looney

• Drives: VW Beetle
I like it, although I don't think the red calipers work well with it.

That is the primary reason I dislike blue cars.  Cars by design have a lot of red and/or orange on them which IMO are colours that clash with blue (although I guess this colour straddles blue/green)

I actually always thought the 40th colour was nice,  I never got why it was so seemingly unpopular.

Offline E7ITE

I personally think the red calipers work well on it, rather surprisingly.

Interesting that this SV was specced with the Dione wheels rather than the SV-only wheels.