Offline Joel

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Offline cel

Man, it's nuts! The streets are layered with broken umbrellas haha

Offline allanuber

• Name: Al
Man, it's nuts! The streets are layered with broken umbrellas haha

Was just driving back to the Northern Beaches and all the traffic lights and streetlights blacked out.

Total traffic mayhem and a really strange feeling rolling along with no rules, no lights and thousands of drivers making their own decisions on how to get across 6 lanes!
C'mon, do it!

Offline scud

• 300kph+ club
  • Rocket man

Was just driving back to the Northern Beaches and all the traffic lights and streetlights blacked out.

Total traffic mayhem and a really strange feeling rolling along with no rules, no lights and thousands of drivers making their own decisions on how to get across 6 lanes!
sounds like downtown Naples.

Offline Steve.

• Drives: AMG.
  • Name: Steve
I was on a Qantas flight to Sydney this evening. We missed one approach, and finally got down on the second but I suspect that was a near thing, too. First time I've been on a flight in Australia where there's been a round of applause once we were safely down.

Offline RMV

• A Country Member

I was on a Qantas flight to Sydney this evening. We missed one approach, and finally got down on the second but I suspect that was a near thing, too. First time I've been on a flight in Australia where there's been a round of applause once we were safely down.

I had a similar experience on a flight into Coolongatta on the evening of 5 Jan 2011... flew through and around (where possible) the storm which caused the QLD (and northern NSW) floods.  Fuicking frightening stuff.... people screaming as the Virgin 738 was literally being thrown around the sky.

Offline Sparkz

• Drives: Datsun
Why is sydney storm like a sydney woman? Because she will come in all wet & wild, then....leave you without a car or house. stay safe everyone.

Offline Steve.

• Drives: AMG.
  • Name: Steve
I had a similar experience on a flight into Coolongatta on the evening of 5 Jan... flew through and around (where possible) the storm which caused the QLD (and northern NSW) floods.  Fuicking frightening stuff.... people screaming as the Virgin 738 was literally being thrown around the sky.

Yikes. This flight wasn't as bad as that. It was pretty bumpy but not bumpy enough to evoke any screams, just a lot of chatter. A few people were wondering WTF was going on when we cleaned up and powered away from the runway on the first attempt but that's about it.

The captain must have thought it was pretty serious, she was thanking everybody individually for flying Qantas as they were walking off the plane.