Offline M308

• Degranged

• Name: Scott Thomson
Has this photo been messed with?

I'm no good with photoshop etc. but to me, I would say that it has, only due to the pure size of this croc!

This would be a 30-35+ ft croc if the photo is real......I'm going on comparison to the people standing in the boat :argh:

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/national/huge-crocodile-brutus-delights-tourists-in-the-northern-territory/story-e6frea8c-1226092944415

Yes, he's real: Brutus the monster saltwater croc was snapped leaping from the water for tourists on the Adelaide River, south of Darwin, last week. Picture: Katrina Bridgeford Source: Northern Territory News

BRUTUS is missing a leg, but the saltwater crocodile is keen to show he is not lacking power.

The 5.5m giant shocked and delighted a boatload of tourists when he surged out of the Adelaide River, 100km south of Darwin, this week.

Photographer Katrina Bridgeford captured the moment, and said her 11-year-old son Dylan had two words for the awesome sight: "Holy crap!"

The huge crocodile is a favourite with tourists on the Adelaide River Jumping Croc Cruises because he loves his meal of buffalo meat and always puts on a good show for it.

"There was a lot of oohs and aahs and oh my god," Ms Bridgeford said.

"I wasn't expecting anything like this. I couldn't believe how close it got to us. If you put your hand out, you would've touched it."

Jumping crocodile cruises are a major tourist attraction in the territory with several operators providing their services along the Adelaide River.

But Brutus doesn't always get it his own way.

Cruise operator Harry Bowmancom said the 80-year-old crocodile lost his front right leg in a shark attack.

"But Brutus copes pretty well without it," Mr Bowman said.

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

It appears real, it was on the Today show this morning.

On the other hand everyone looks a bit calm don't they ?

Offline M308

• Degranged

• Name: Scott Thomson

On the other hand everyone looks a bit calm don't they ?

That's what I thought......no one is even flinching one bit :scratchchin:

Offline cazna52

• Drives: Lotus Esprit Turbo
  • Name: Justin
This looks shopped. I can tell from some of the pixels and from seeing quite a few shops in my time.

Just kidding. It looks pretty real to me. If it is shopped they did a pretty good job. Also nice cover up about accidentally cropping off one of his legs, "shark attack", sure :p

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.
Brutus appears to be growing quite well. He was 4.4 m in 2006. 5.2m in 2010 and now he's 5.5m. No way i'm going on one of those tours next year, he'll be able to swallow the whole boat.

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Also nice cover up about accidentally cropping off one of his legs, "shark attack", sure :p

Posted unseen so could be a load of shit......

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5X1OmZb-Olw" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5X1OmZb-Olw</a>

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

That's what I thought......no one is even flinching one bit :scratchchin:

Check the guy in the Blue shirt, he is leaning back with a WTF look on his face......

Offline Nobleambitions

• Back from the naughty corner.

Brutus appears to be growing quite well. He was 4.4 m in 2006. 5.2m in 2010 and now he's 5.5m. No way i'm going on one of those tours next year, he'll be able to swallow the whole boat.
I don't think anyone's measured him properly, as I doubt a 75 year old crocodile would grow by 25% of his length by 80.