Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
Do it from Mt Lofty, everyone in Adelaide would be keen to check it out and show it off.

Also, have you considered using google maps'esque technology? I did it many years ago so people could zoom into stuff.

Offline dkabab

i can foresee a problem with the alignment of these landscape images.

its like putting a puzzle together, if i scanned 100 puzzle pieces and asked Photoshop to merge them, if the image was of a tree with lots of leaves, it would struggle to put the pieces in the right place.

with say 10 connecting side by side images forming a normal panoramic image, the job is infinitely easier for Photoshop to figure out what goes where.

i have a feeling, that when i take say, 200 photos from mt lofty and say, here you go PS, i'm off to the pub... i doubt its going to get it right accurately... i have another 'gigapixel' image of the 599, side on, however after 3 attempts (3 hours) Photoshop still couldn't put it together properly... so i gave up.

i have done some quick reading (very quick) about the guys doing these multi gigapixel photos and using whats called a gigapan tripod. its a motorised tripod that remembers the grid marking of each image... it must somehow embed it with the EXIF data.

maybe something to look into.

Offline CortinaD

Just blur the background once you have it the best you can get it?

Offline dkabab

Ash, can u rename this thread and move to photography.

This is the gigapan hardware in action. Pretty cool stuff.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTmWQp81tj0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTmWQp81tj0</a>