Offline Wizard_Of_Auz

• Oh Hi there

• Drives: Beamer
  • Name: Dan
The biggest issue i have with a warranty from someone like this, is its a 3rd party warranty, and NOT a Factory Canon Australia warranty. Where with an Oz delivered product you can take it to a store or a Canon Authorised Repair centre in case of any issues, a 3rd party warranty can require you to send the item back to the distributor you bought it from, DWI, and they will then send it to their warranty guys, and from there things can get painful.

I have been lucky with my oz delivered stock, and I make sure to send it in to be checked if even the smallest issue arises, they are mass produced products, and there are always those few with defects. I've never had big issues, and have had 3 day turnaround on warranty claims in the past. If you require your camera a lot, and dont want to be left without one for extended periods of time... 4 weeks plus in some cases, buying Genuine Oz Delivered can be beneficial.

If your lucky enough to not have any issues buying a grey product, well done, I have grey lenses and never had an issue... A body though... is a big gamble the way I see it...

Thankfully no issues with either of my 5D Mark II bodies as of yet. Canons are very durable, the only major problem I have heard is hot pixels showing up but I am yet to be affected =)