Offline dkabab

I've seen some of your stuff.  Have you thought about honeymoon work? It might be more you. :D

sounds a hell of a lot better too... where do i sign

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

I've never thought about doing wedding photography but lately more friends are getting married and are asking me to take some photo's.

Dude, just had friends get married a few weeks back. Photo album cost would have feed a small country.    :eek:

All I can say is, their photos look so shit in comparison to these!!!!!     :thumbsup:

Offline cel

how did you find the day? was it stressful? or was it pretty relaxed since you werent promising the world....

ive thought about doing wedding photography, its pretty good money as mhh mentioned... if you know what you're doing!!!
if you dont, it wont take long you to be blackballed.

its quite funny the amount of basic entry level cameras (nikon d3000/canon 1000d) i sell at work to people who are going to become wedding photographers because "it cant be that hard could it"

im not sure whether i could do it or not... id love to do a wedding to just try it out (friends etc) but then again, id rather be at the bar too.
i know a few guys who are getting paid 3-5k per wedding and are booked out 18 months in advance. pretty good gig to "work" one or two days a week.

anyway, nice photos marcel! i like the B&W one in the first set... one thing that ive noticed that works in wedding photos is B&W. just do a desaturate to all the photos and see how they turn out. for some reason it works.

Cheers Dave :)

I was pretty stressed the days before (what did I get myself into!), even though I told them several times that I hadn't done it before and am not experienced and don't really know what to expect myself. The last thing you want to do is stuff up photo's that important!

During the day itself it wasn't too bad, just a bit scary at the big moments, first kiss, the rings etc, but once the ceremony was done and we went to a few locations for photo's it was pretty good. I wasn't too good with telling them where to go and stand but it felt pretty comfortable and in the end just going with the flow and I enjoyed just taking photo's of them being together without posing too much.

I do know my gear is definitely not up to scratch for it, but it's nice to get a bit of experience. The second wedding which was last weekend was a bit better and used the camera a bit better for it as well.

I've seen some of your stuff.  Have you thought about honeymoon work? It might be more you. :D

:D

Dude, just had friends get married a few weeks back. Photo album cost would have feed a small country.    :eek:

All I can say is, their photos look so shit in comparison to these!!!!!     :thumbsup:

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

sounds a hell of a lot better too... where do i sign

We are having our second Honeymoon early next year, you can come if you like.      :D

Offline Last_Ride

• Drives: a thing with 4 wheels
  • Name: call me habib

...once the ceremony was done and we went to a few locations for photo's it was pretty good.

its all good mate ..... atleast you learnt something new .... and you will do better next time
 :thumbsup: good work mate
my car does 0-100 in 30 mins

http://www.flickr.com/photos/44014241@N03/

Offline dkabab

We are having our second Honeymoon early next year, you can come if you like.      :D

i'll let you  :shut: ..... nevermind

Offline dkabab

I was pretty stressed the days before (what did I get myself into!), even though I told them several times that I hadn't done it before and am not experienced and don't really know what to expect myself. The last thing you want to do is stuff up photo's that important!

During the day itself it wasn't too bad, just a bit scary at the big moments, first kiss, the rings etc, but once the ceremony was done and we went to a few locations for photo's it was pretty good. I wasn't too good with telling them where to go and stand but it felt pretty comfortable and in the end just going with the flow and I enjoyed just taking photo's of them being together without posing too much.

I do know my gear is definitely not up to scratch for it, but it's nice to get a bit of experience. The second wedding which was last weekend was a bit better and used the camera a bit better for it as well.

:D

cool, yeah i think the best photos are candid ones, of course lighting and positioning can be dificult. just google wedding photographers and look at their websites.
im sure you'll find plenty of ideas. another thing ive heard of people doing is getting some friends to dress up for a day in wedding dress/suits and actually practicing wedding photography. sounds pretty stupid, but its just like any other sport or skill.

Offline PA

• One man comedy gala

Anyone ever photograph a divorce?

Offline Last_Ride

• Drives: a thing with 4 wheels
  • Name: call me habib

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com