Offline cel

I've never thought about doing wedding photography but lately more friends are getting married and are asking me to take some photo's.

So after telling them I won't be able to give them super professional photo's they still were happy for me to do some shots. I've done two weddings now and finished editing the photo's of the first lot which were taken a month ago in Adelaide.

If anyone has any good advice or tips, that would be highly appreciated :)

I tried to make it as professional as possible but was also aiming to make the photo's a bit more fun as well, not too much proper posing but more of them enjoying the day and eachother.

I've still got tons to learn and the equipment will be upgraded slowly for better images, but I'm happy with the start.

And the couple have approved for me to post the photo's online.

Offline cel

Offline app

Great job cel :thumbsup:
Looks professional to me :)

Offline CortinaD

Love the silhouette Cel

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

If anyone has any good advice or tips, that would be highly appreciated :)

Charge like buggery.  It seems to be the way of wedding photographers.  :p

Offline dkabab

how did you find the day? was it stressful? or was it pretty relaxed since you werent promising the world....

ive thought about doing wedding photography, its pretty good money as mhh mentioned... if you know what you're doing!!!
if you dont, it wont take long you to be blackballed.

its quite funny the amount of basic entry level cameras (nikon d3000/canon 1000d) i sell at work to people who are going to become wedding photographers because "it cant be that hard could it"

im not sure whether i could do it or not... id love to do a wedding to just try it out (friends etc) but then again, id rather be at the bar too.
i know a few guys who are getting paid 3-5k per wedding and are booked out 18 months in advance. pretty good gig to "work" one or two days a week.

anyway, nice photos marcel! i like the B&W one in the first set... one thing that ive noticed that works in wedding photos is B&W. just do a desaturate to all the photos and see how they turn out. for some reason it works.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

how did you find the day? was it stressful? or was it pretty relaxed since you werent promising the world....

ive thought about doing wedding photography, its pretty good money as mhh mentioned... if you know what you're doing!!!

I've seen some of your stuff.  Have you thought about honeymoon work? It might be more you. :D

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

I've seen some of your stuff.  Have you thought about honeymoon work? It might be more you. :D

:argh:

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
Oh god why did I click... :doh: :D

I spent a day as a wedding photog assistant waaaaay back in the day (think Amiga video editing), longest most boring day of my life - until I get married myself. :p

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

.....longest most boring day of my life - until I get married myself. :p

I was lucky, our wedding day was far from boring and it was lots of fun.

Mine you, I agreed to pick up the drinks tab at the end of the night - bugger me can people drink when they are not paying for it.   :p

And what's worse, my side of the family don't drink, but decided to start that night.    :rolleyes:
(I am the Black sheep)