Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Think I've seen this here before but i cant find it, this has the best sound from a Porsche I've heard.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMklzHtHGwc" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMklzHtHGwc</a>

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Haven't the video reviews improved as a format?  Once only Top Gear had decent production values but now the magazines have really lifted the bar.  EVO and the others have the advantage of real enthusiasts doing the reporting, rather than say Clarkson who is more of an entertainer with a mild interest in cars than a true petrolhead.

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Haven't the video reviews improved as a format?  Once only Top Gear had decent production values but now the magazines have really lifted the bar.  EVO and the others have the advantage of real enthusiasts doing the reporting, rather than say Clarkson who is more of an entertainer with a mild interest in cars than a true petrolhead.

They've certainly evolved beyond Top Gear, I imagine the factories are helping it along as these things sell cars.

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A burgandy car.
.  EVO and the others have the advantage of real enthusiasts doing the reporting, rather than say Clarkson who is more of an entertainer with a mild interest in cars than a true petrolhead.

Never thought of Clarkson as not being a petrolhead before. A beautifully British word to describe Clarkson, James and the Richard would probably be to say that they're car boffins. They of course probably think that they're petroheads.  :p

Offline lord melchett

' rather than say Clarkson who is more of an entertainer with a mild interest in cars than a true petrolhead '.

and you know this how exactly?

Offline alvchua

• Drives: Old junks
' rather than say Clarkson who is more of an entertainer with a mild interest in cars than a true petrolhead '.

:doh:
Forgiveness is easier to achieve than permission!

Offline Joel

Mark is actually good mates with him and they catch up when ever his in Australia or Marks in the UK  :doh:

Clarkson is an entertain hence why they get him to test the super/hyper cars.. He really has nothing to say in depth about them.. and nearly every review ends with him wanting one!!

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A burgandy car.

:doh:
lol ... it had to be a Porsche thread. Has anyone met the Lord or is there a chance that he is a regular forum member taking the piss using a bogus name?

Offline JBO

• Drives: Something that doesn't meet my aspirations...yet...
Um I posted this in the 991 thread last week. That is all.
The general public is a terrible barometer of taste. Trust your own sensibilities.

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Mark is actually good mates with him and they catch up when ever his in Australia or Marks in the UK  :doh:

Clarkson is an entertain hence why they get him to test the super/hyper cars.. He really has nothing to say in depth about them.. and nearly every review ends with him wanting one!!

I see him as a journalist who just happens to have a better then average command of the language combined with wit and who also had the opportunity to test it out on TV and it worked so good luck to him.  Also James May now what does he do, well nothing, but he's easy and interesting to listen to.

and nearly every review ends with him wanting one!!
or me more likely, he has that aura of respect and with that journalists talent with words plus his impecable timing.........well he could make or break a car on his review alone.