Offline puunda

did you even test drive it first?.........

Yes I did. It drives very well ... didn't notice the shake when you're slowing down when I was test driving it. When I picked it up today I noticed it

Offline theintelligent1

• Vodka is Just Unfinished Gin

• Drives: Miss Daisy
have heard early touareg/cayennes lunch drive shafts for fun...........may be that?.........

good chance to see how good your warranty is........

Offline jamesatfish

The shudder certainly doesn't sound normal - our 05 Turbo didn't have that issue.

It sounds like it might be torque converter related - is it like the shudder / vibration you'd get in a manual car if you slow down in a high gear without the clutch? Could be the drive shaft is not being properly disengaged as you slow to a stop, and the engine is labouring / trying to stall.

Either way I'd be back to the dealer to get it resolved so you can get back to enjoying your Cayenne.

Offline 9911

To dismiss any transmission probs drop the gear lever to Neutral at 60kph and just use your brakes to pull up. If it is still noticeable then you would believe it to not be transmission. Either way an 04 Cayenne S can be a bit of a time bomb.

Offline puunda

I called the dealer today about the problem. He's booked me into a garage on Monday. Let's hope it's not something major

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Sounds like they went out doing burn outs once thay had the sale!

Offline calais

• Drives: WRX
Either way an 04 Cayenne S can be a bit of a time bomb.

Sounds like they went out doing burn outs once thay had the sale!

Comforting words.  :doh:

Offline puunda

To dismiss any transmission probs drop the gear lever to Neutral at 60kph and just use your brakes to pull up. If it is still noticeable then you would believe it to not be transmission. Either way an 04 Cayenne S can be a bit of a time bomb.

I did that today ..... when it's in N, there was no vibration. I'm guessing this points to a transmission problem?