Offline JME63

I've asked twice and been told no PTS is available for Australia. I'm happy with the standard colours so I'm not broken hearted, but please post here if you get more news.

Mr mhh.

Just got confirmed from dealer and PCA this week, yes there are 3 pts allowed in the country and unfortunately I'm not 1 of them..... :doh: :doh: :doh:
I heard there is a fashion grey but I don't know what the other two are and Very keen to know ...... I was going to spec gulf blue with orange strip only if I can pts.... :waah: :waah: :waah:

Offline F1V10

• Drives: V10 M5
  • Name: Mr HaHa
Mr mhh.

Just got confirmed from dealer and PCA this week, yes there are 3 pts allowed in the country and unfortunately I'm not 1 of them..... :doh: :doh: :doh:
I heard there is a fashion grey but I don't what the other two are..... Very interest to know what is the other two pts are...... I was going to spec gulf blue with orange strip only if I can pts.... :waah: :waah: :waah:
You must be a very loyal Porsche customer to get an allocation. Congrats.

Offline JME63

You must be a very loyal Porsche customer to get an allocation. Congrats.

I guess I'm just lucky...... I only have few Porsches  in the past history...... Thanks God and my dealer ......  :thumbsup:

Offline looney

• Drives: VW Beetle
yes there are 3 pts allowed in the country.

This boggles my mind.  Surely PTS makes them money with what it costs.  What is the benefit to them to limit PTS?  If I walk in with a wad of cash and want a rubystone red car and am willing to pay the $10-12k for it,  surely is still another sale with additional margin for them?

Offline dkabab

Time. I've everyone did a PTS they wouldn't have the time to make as many cars as they do.

Offline looney

• Drives: VW Beetle
Time. I've everyone did a PTS they wouldn't have the time to make as many cars as they do.

But surely that is factored into the price they charge for it? Charge an extra $5k for it then,  and it would pay for 2-3 staff (including margin) to change paint in the machine and clean it out etc surely.

Offline dkabab

I think for unlimited models (911 Carrera) it doesn't matter as its absorbed by a 6yr run. With limited productions like 911r, gt3rs etc... They would have a time schedule to stick to. 6months maybe. Every delay blows that out

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater

Answer is larger production facilities. The money Ferrari, Lambo and McLaren make out of their bespoke programs must be incredible.