Offline robertb

• Poll Dancer

Offline JBO

• Drives: Something that doesn't meet my aspirations...yet...
RS3 might sound better but....

http://www.evo.co.uk/audi/rs3/17542/audi-rs3-v-mercedes-amg-a45-premium-super-hatch-shootout

I just wish BMW would build a hatch bodied version of the M2 - manual gearbox, ripping drivetrain and proper dynamics. It'd be the king of the hot hatch heap. Mind you the Focus RS is a compelling value proposition at $50,990...and ticks all those boxes I suppose.

The general public is a terrible barometer of taste. Trust your own sensibilities.

Offline robertb

• Poll Dancer

I just wish BMW would build a hatch bodied version of the M2 - manual gearbox, ripping drivetrain and proper dynamics. It'd be the king of the hot hatch heap. Mind you the Focus RS is a compelling value proposition at $50,990...and ticks all those boxes I suppose.
be hard to beat being a turbo six.,still like those little 1Ms

Offline TJB

I just wish BMW would build a hatch bodied version of the M2 - manual gearbox, ripping drivetrain and proper dynamics. It'd be the king of the hot hatch heap.
This ^ 

I've been saying it for ages too. It baffles me. They seem content with the M135i - which itself is a great car, but not quite in the same bracket as an A45 or RS3.

If nothing else, it's a massive opportunity BMW are missing out on to increase their presence in the "lower" (but higher-density) end of the market... Same goes not building a 1-Series Sedan.

Offline robertb

• Poll Dancer

This ^ 

I've been saying it for ages too. It baffles me. They seem content with the M135i - which itself is a great car, but not quite in the same bracket as an A45 or RS3.

If nothing else, it's a massive opportunity BMW are missing out on to increase their presence in the "lower" (but higher-density) end of the market... Same goes not building a 1-Series Sedan.
agree.
 Wonder why?

Offline Alpine

And Audi is now doing an RS3 Sedan, BM are definitely ignoring a segment, very unusual of them.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

...BM are definitely ignoring a segment, very unusual of them.

Do you reckon?   No R8/AMG-GT competitor, no fast wagon, no M version of the 7 series. They have a few gaps in the line up.

Offline Alpine

Do you reckon?   No R8/AMG-GT competitor, no fast wagon, no M version of the 7 series. They have a few gaps in the line up.
Too true, they hit most of the high volume segments though.

They would argue, tongue in cheek, that their R8 is the i8.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Too true, they hit most of the high volume segments though.

They would argue, tongue in cheek, that their R8 is the i8.

I shouldn't diss the i8 because I haven't driven it but I think I'd rather the R8.

Offline Alpine

I shouldn't diss the i8 because I haven't driven it but I think I'd rather the R8.

Ditto