Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater
I can't find the thread; but a while back a few viewers postulated that it couldn't possibly be all that hard to build a Singer 911 replica yourself. For those folks, have a look at this car :

https://www.classicdriver.com/en/car/porsche/911-964-carrera/1989/403996

Somebody has had a red hot go at doing exactly that with this car. It doesn't really come off does it ?
I think the Singer 911 is light years away from what could be achieved by a good shop with a decent budget, as evidenced here.

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

I can't find the thread; but a while back a few viewers postulated that it couldn't possibly be all that hard to build a Singer 911 replica yourself. For those folks, have a look at this car :

Somebody has had a red hot go at doing exactly that with this car. It doesn't really come off does it ?
I think the Singer 911 is light years away from what could be achieved by a good shop with a decent budget, as evidenced here.

Still think it can be done................big budget though.

Offline JBO

• Drives: Something that doesn't meet my aspirations...yet...

+1 million.
This anonymous clan of slack-jawed troglodytes has cost me the election, and yet if I were to have them killed, I would be the one to go to jail. That's democracy for you. - C Montgomery Burns.

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

But when's the book gonna get here???

Man, don't even go there   :doh:

Delay after delay after delay. I read somewhere that Singer has built 50 cars with over 80 orders on the books that they haven't even started yet. I suspect that the limited edition books are the last thing on their minds. No doubt they wish that they had never even thought of the idea !!

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

Man, don't even go there   :doh:

Delay after delay after delay. I read somewhere that Singer has built 50 cars with over 80 orders on the books that they haven't even started yet. I suspect that the limited edition books are the last thing on their minds. No doubt they wish that they had never even thought of the idea !!

I dropped off the mailing list at one stage

not overly impressed

Offline TRS4

Singer book?

They have them on the shelf at the Peterson museum in LA..

I am there in a couple of weeks again, so if anyone wants please advise.

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

Singer book?

They have them on the shelf at the Peterson museum in LA..

I am there in a couple of weeks again, so if anyone wants please advise.

limited edition is what we are talking about

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

limited edition is what we are talking about

The limited edition has the same book that was released maybe 8 months ago now. It comes with a swankey case that is made out of the same materials as the cars themselves. They even changed the box though and it now bears little resemblance to the prototype case that they had on display and told people that they would be getting. Production version is nice; but not as awesome as the prototype.

I hope they are better at building the real cars, because this excercise has been a debacle from the start :doh: