Offline NBTBRV8

Mate, not tonite I cant.........my current price list of "active" products says that the 235/35R19 N1 has been discontinued and is being replaced by a yet to be advised product and the 305/30R19is not even on the list!!!!!!

I'll check with Pirelli in the morning and get back to you

Rgds
Grant

I think Pirelli Australia are no longer stocking them, but there is stock in Europe and the US.

Thanks

Offline 993tits

• Pepé Le Porsche

I think Pirelli Australia are no longer stocking them, but there is stock in Europe and the US.

Thanks

Answered in PM
Always Gunna

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
This is such a subjective topic on forums like this....

<snippetty doo dah>

Holy shit, 993 TITS wrote something more than one sentence that didn't include a reference to my mum.

Just entering winter I stupidly furnished my car with a round of r-spec tyres - best part of $2k down the gurgler as on anything under 20 degrees and ultra dry it turns out they slide like across the road like Astroglide in your mum's bottom. 

Point is, they will need to be replaced with under 8k on the clock, and didn't serve me very well for the most part - but when they did serve me (the few warm/dry days) they served me VERY well.

Next time I'll research better and get tyres that do what I want for the conditions rather than the wankiest most awesomeballs bits of rubber I can get. :?

Offline 993tits

• Pepé Le Porsche

Holy shit, 993 TITS wrote something more than one sentence that didn't include a reference to my mum.

Just entering winter I stupidly furnished my car with a round of r-spec tyres - best part of $2k down the gurgler as on anything under 20 degrees and ultra dry it turns out they slide like across the road like Astroglide in your mum's bottom. 

Point is, they will need to be replaced with under 8k on the clock, and didn't serve me very well for the most part - but when they did serve me (the few warm/dry days) they served me VERY well.

Next time I'll research better and get tyres that do what I want for the conditions rather than the wankiest most awesomeballs bits of rubber I can get. :?

I prefer to stick to safe subjects like your mum, mums bottoms and astroglide because otherwise I go on with a heap of crap like I did on that other page!  But thanks for noticing!

Sorry about your Rspecs too.

Astroglide, mums bottoms etc.
Always Gunna

Offline Neru

what do you think of nitto tyres?

Offline 993tits

• Pepé Le Porsche

what do you think of nitto tyres?

I think they're good. On the right car, in the right place with the right pressures and driven within their limits. I know that's not what you're looking for but gee, how general was your question?

Look, Nitto make a good range of high performance tyres that are generally considered to be at the more extreme end of the sector. Problem is they are mostly parallel imported and sold thru independents that might have issues with supporting the product. All the majors offer similar products but at more money.
Always Gunna

Offline Neru

I think they're good. On the right car, in the right place with the right pressures and driven within their limits. I know that's not what you're looking for but gee, how general was your question?

Look, Nitto make a good range of high performance tyres that are generally considered to be at the more extreme end of the sector. Problem is they are mostly parallel imported and sold thru independents that might have issues with supporting the product. All the majors offer similar products but at more money.

I've got a 300hp fwd so I need some good tyres and heard good reviews on the nitto inovo and nt05

Offline 993tits

• Pepé Le Porsche

I've got a 300hp fwd so I need some good tyres and heard good reviews on the nitto inovo and nt05

if we were face to face I would ask:

1) is the suspension set up correctly? If so, what is the set up? Who did it?

2) What wheels have you got? What size? What offset? Sames Size front and rear?

3) Does the car have an aftermarket brake kit or a factory big brake option? Is it likely to get one?

4) What driving do you do?

5) What are your expectations? Wear? Grip? Price?

6) 300hp in a FWD car is a lot but if it has a tricky front diff like a RS Ford, the torque steer and wheelspin can be lessened.....does it have a tricky front diff?

after all that, we could look at some mainstream performance stuff that would work or maybe an R-spec but as much as I use them myself on the road, I dont normally recommend them as you need to be on top of your game most of the time in city driving as they tramline and track more than a normal treaded tyre and they are very very stiff in the sidewalls compared to a normal road tyre. Tyre and rim damage is common with R-specs.
Always Gunna

Offline Neru

1) is the suspension set up correctly? If so, what is the set up? Who did it?

Suspension is weitec coilovers, camber plates on its way and full alignment soon
car also has LSD, front and rear sway bars

2) What wheels have you got? What size? What offset? Sames Size front and rear?

Currently has 19" bbs ch - 235 35 19 with offset of 35, same front and rear
got some 17" audi TT wheels which I want to use for the track

3) Does the car have an aftermarket brake kit or a factory big brake option? Is it likely to get one?

currently has boxster calipers (4 pot) with 312mm discs, braided and stainless steel lines

4) What driving do you do?

Daily driver, looking to convert to a track car with roll cage and gain some experience on the track
currently having pistons and rods being done, should be back on the road end of the month

5) What are your expectations? Wear? Grip? Price?
Grip is the most important thing

6) 300hp in a FWD car is a lot but if it has a tricky front diff like a RS Ford, the torque steer and wheelspin can be lessened.....does it have a tricky front diff?

Just a quaife LSD, is an 1999 Audi A3 a bit to old for electronic diffs, traction control etc

I know 300hp is a bit to much for a fwd, but it is my first car i bought and I couldn't sell it so I thought I would build it and take it out on the track as much as I can