Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Really??

Which version do you have, where do you get yours serviced?

I had an 07 Carrera S manual and don't recall paying as little as $480 for the annual service from Porsche Centre Adelaide. Are you including the cost of the oil etc?  Mind you, the servicing costs were reasonable I thought, and certainly not an issue if you can afford the car in the first place. They are a truly excellent car and provide a sense of satisfaction I've not had with any other brand.

Offline 986986

• Drives: 997.2 S PDK; '12 Cayenne Diesel (family bus)
I had an 07 Carrera S manual and don't recall paying as little as $480 for the annual service from Porsche Centre Adelaide. Are you including the cost of the oil etc?  Mind you, the servicing costs were reasonable I thought, and certainly not an issue if you can afford the car in the first place. They are a truly excellent car and provide a sense of satisfaction I've not had with any other brand.

Thanks MHH - it was more at RAMSPEED...my 997 S gets serviced at SVM Willoughby...heres the breakdown for me:

Operation Description:  01POMINOR - Perform Minor Service $422.75
                                   MOB1           - Mobil One Oil              $185.25

I had a few minor things as well - but as per my previous statement minor service cost is apron $480 ish, not including oil and consumables

As you rightly point out ...if servicing costs are a major consideration in someones buying decision then maybe another option should be considered

Offline RamSpeedAU

• RamSpeed.Com.Au

• Drives: European Cars ONLY
  • Name: RamSpeed.Com.Au
Carrera 4S at Porsche Parramatta  - Yearly Service - Basic Check and oil/oil filter change
Total Labour - $345.00
Total Parts - $61.33 (seal ring which you need for oil filter $2.00, Filter $48.31, window cleaner (put in my boot, not asked for, but $11.02
Oil (Mobil 1) - $207.00
Porsche Waste Oil Levy - $4.00
Service Consumables - Porsche - 18.00
TOTAL Incl GST $698.85

No complaints, but outside of a lengthy "check this, check that" list, I was billed $345.00 just for the labour (effectively change of oil + plug diagnostics. I watched the whole operation and it took 35 minutes actual work time with lots of stop-starts to take a total 1.5 hours out of my morning, which included a morning break for the Porsche service staff. The above was in late 2009 and car had 23,780km's.

As to who services the car now?. Well, once we saw the mark-up's, we got to love the European Car Service business so much, we ended up buying one. ;-)

Offline 1q2w3e4r

So your the guy to see at Seven Hills for some TechArt goodness? ;)

Offline RamSpeedAU

• RamSpeed.Com.Au

• Drives: European Cars ONLY
  • Name: RamSpeed.Com.Au
Yes, RamSpeed does TechArt for Porsche, Carlsson & Brabus for Mercedes Benz, Mansory for Aston Martin, AC Schnitzer for BMW, ABT Sportsline for VW and AUdi, Arden, Startech, Novitec Rosso for Ferrari, IMSA for Lamborghini and so on. We are owned by RamSpeed Group and through our sister companies have access to brands like KW Suspension, Brembo, exclusive distribution for MoviT brakes etc etc. Seven Hills is just a boutique installation facility with small offices. Here is a little Audi RS6 we tuned today. A really nice car and a handy 700Hp.

Offline tasgirevik

• Drives: classic 911 = DD
Carrera 4S at Porsche Parramatta  - Yearly Service - Basic Check and oil/oil filter change
Total Labour - $345.00
Total Parts - $61.33 (seal ring which you need for oil filter $2.00, Filter $48.31, window cleaner (put in my boot, not asked for, but $11.02
Oil (Mobil 1) - $207.00
Porsche Waste Oil Levy - $4.00
Service Consumables - Porsche - 18.00
TOTAL Incl GST $698.85

No complaints, but outside of a lengthy "check this, check that" list, I was billed $345.00 just for the labour (effectively change of oil + plug diagnostics. I watched the whole operation and it took 35 minutes actual work time with lots of stop-starts to take a total 1.5 hours out of my morning, which included a morning break for the Porsche service staff. The above was in late 2009 and car had 23,780km's.
Labour@ $700/hr = taking someone for a ride. Not exactly an engine out jobby?