Offline goober

• AE's Tame Race Driver
  • I did not lie. I was strategically misinforming u

• Drives: no friend of the left
  • Name: Buddy Miles
Now that its been a week since procurement of the car.

In comparison to the 997.2 Carrera 2, I still like the 997, the 991's steering at slow speeds is a worry, the sound on the other hand is awesome. The C2 just feels more direct as a car whereas the C4S is albeit a great car I find it too computer controlled, I'm awaiting to take it to Thredbo and see what the all wheel drive system is like in snow......but we first need snow.

The console system shits on the 997, the switchgear is the same as on the Cayenne and is well placed, the sunroof isn't quite a sunroof but semi targa. When Doc and I line up both cars at night she prefers the 991.......I'm not totally sold on it and would happily go back to the pov pack 997.

Once I get to 230km on the clock I might have more of an idea about the car.
Meeting women on the Internet? Remember, the more similarities u “magically” have, & the more she agrees with u, the fucking crazier she is.

Offline JBO

• Drives: Something that doesn't meet my aspirations...yet...
What colour did you go for goober?
This anonymous clan of slack-jawed troglodytes has cost me the election, and yet if I were to have them killed, I would be the one to go to jail. That's democracy for you. - C Montgomery Burns.

Offline goober

• AE's Tame Race Driver

What colour did you go for goober?

White, just like the 997
Meeting women on the Internet? Remember, the more similarities u “magically” have, & the more she agrees with u, the fucking crazier she is.

Online Fil-Ski

• Drives: 993TT
Good to get a honest review. The magazines all dish up the same PR crap that's fed to them these days.

Offline goober

• AE's Tame Race Driver

Good to get a honest review. The magazines all dish up the same PR crap that's fed to them these days.

911's as a daily driver are awesome cars, I don't think a GT3 would work as a DD, the "lesser" range of 911's certainly are comfortable and still have road presence. Done another 50km in it, yes its starting to grow on me.

Doc won't give up the 997 now, in comparison to the 4 door M3 she reckons the 911 just shits all over it......I have to agree, I couldn't fall in love with that car unlike the E36 and 46's. The 6's just seemed more balanced and less complex.

Offline JBO

Having ridden in Mark's 991 GT3 for several hours I must say that the ride was exceptional and I could certainly see myself using it daily if I am ever in that position. The only downside would be no back seats for the occasions where you need to cram someone in the back for a very short trip somewhere, whereas you have this option with the other 911s.
But the ride quality in his McLaren is what blew me away completely. The thing was plush, yet incredibly accurate and precise in body control and turn in. That car you could use every day without a doubt, but again, only for two humans!
This anonymous clan of slack-jawed troglodytes has cost me the election, and yet if I were to have them killed, I would be the one to go to jail. That's democracy for you. - C Montgomery Burns.

Offline goober

• AE's Tame Race Driver

Having ridden in Mark's 991 GT3 for several hours I must say that the ride was exceptional and I could certainly see myself using it daily if I am ever in that position. The only downside would be no back seats for the occasions where you need to cram someone in the back for a very short trip somewhere, whereas you have this option with the other 911s.
But the ride quality in his McLaren is what blew me away completely. The thing was plush, yet incredibly accurate and precise in body control and turn in. That car you could use every day without a doubt, but again, only for two humans!

I'm comparing the GT3 to the 996, I'm sure its all improved to the 997 and 991.

The all wheel drive is what interests me especially in the snow.

I only have myself to drive around so back seats mean zilch, bang for your buck the 911's are still good value.

Offline JBO

When the current Turbo S is two or three years old that would be an AWESOME trade up, and has the requisite 4WD. In the meantime enjoy the 4S in good health!

Offline goober

• AE's Tame Race Driver

When the current Turbo S is two or three years old that would be an AWESOME trade up, and has the requisite 4WD. In the meantime enjoy the 4S in good health!

very good point......one can never have enough gigi power