Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

the active front spoiler is a great idea

what colour have you ordered?
I don't think you have enough bright coloured cars in your fleet so Viper Green would be my suggestion for you :p

Would be interesting to drive the touring gt3 and turbo back to back.
would the extra poke of the turbo out weigh the down side and lack of feel with a heavy 4wd system???
Particually now they are both only PDK

I haven't ordered. Like you, I'd like to look at both GT3 and Turbo first. I'm expecting the new Turbo to be pretty amazing though.

Offline 986986

• Drives: 997.2 S PDK; '12 Cayenne Diesel (family bus)
I haven't ordered. Like you, I'd like to look at both GT3 and Turbo first. I'm expecting the new Turbo to be pretty amazing though.

With you - got my standing money for GT3 ...think I called out early last year specs Germany told me ...however after my 308 experience ( shiver) I will stick with my trusted SVM dealer and potentially think about moving my GT3 order to a turbo (sorry Allan couldn't get the wife over the line on the AMG black)

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

More stuff from 6 speed forum poster......

Active spoiler called PAA (Porsche active aerodynamics if not mistaken) comes in 3 modes and work in conjunction with the rear spoiler.

Ceramic disc in 410mm front and 390mm rear comes standard with turbo s including black muffler tips.

PDK using dual mass flywheels and PTV plus has variable locking value of 0-100%.

Suspension only comes in PDCC+PASM, spasm is not an option.

Black/Carrera red interior will be exclusively available for Turbo S only while Expresso/Cognac is available for both.

Offline JBO

• Drives: Something that doesn't meet my aspirations...yet...
from R&T Magazine

Road & Track says the car will have an output of 520 bhp (387 kW) and 479 lb-ft (648 Nm) of torque in the Turbo and 560 bhp (418 kW) and 516 lb-ft (699 Nm) of torque in the Turbo S. Both models are also slated to feature a PDK transmission only and an overboost function that can deliver an extra burst of 37 lb-ft (50 Nm) of torque for up to ten seconds.

In terms of performance, the Turbo should accelerate from 0-60 mph in approximately three seconds and lap the Nürburgring in less than seven minutes and thirty seconds. There is even speculation that the model could match the Carrera GT’s time of 7:25.
Despite the impressive numbers, the car is expected to be 13% more fuel efficient as it is slated to feature start/stop technology and an optimized transmission.

We can also expect an active aerodynamic front spoiler, a rear steering system, optional carbon ceramic brakes and a body that is 1.1 inches wider than the 911 Carrera 4 / 4S.
This anonymous clan of slack-jawed troglodytes has cost me the election, and yet if I were to have them killed, I would be the one to go to jail. That's democracy for you. - C Montgomery Burns.

Offline nuxi

• Drives: Porsche Cayenne
  • Name: Michael

Offline Neru

Offline JBO

• Drives: Something that doesn't meet my aspirations...yet...
None of those combos equal a 911 Turbo S!
This anonymous clan of slack-jawed troglodytes has cost me the election, and yet if I were to have them killed, I would be the one to go to jail. That's democracy for you. - C Montgomery Burns.

Offline Neru

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

http://www.youtube.com/v/mSK66K1VWY0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3

Some close up of the Turbo S.  It looks like the front lip extension can be manually deployed.  That's important for looking the part. :)

918 to be shown at Frankfurt too.  :thumbsup:

Offline TJB