Offline RMV

• A Country Member

I knew you'd agree with me eventually lol

I've always had that view. It's a YMMV thing. I like manuals, even in traffic. You don't. Everyone does what suits them.

Offline RMV

• A Country Member

PDK is old tech anyway.... was first used by Porsche in 1981 or thereabouts on the 956. :p

Online JBO

• Drives: Something that doesn't meet my aspirations...yet...
This shouldn't be a debate about manual vs. PDK, we should all be thanking Porsche for giving the choice back to the consumer,  we seem to be arguing against the point of three years ago when there was uproar over the loss of the manual and we just about all wanted it back.

Good on Porsche for giving what the consumer wants, even if it is for a hard core and vocal select few, including the motoring press.

This is it exactly. Down at my lowly level I was ready to walk straight into a Renault dealer and buy the replacement for my Clio RS. Then I heard it was crappy paddle only. I decided I would try it anyway. Gearbox was a joke. Went and bought a Fiesta ST instead. Manual gearbox, 10k cheaper and just a sensational, involving, cheap car. If the Renault offered the CHOICE of a manual, I would have bought the French car.

On Friday I spent the day in a Cayman PDK. It was magic, and I can understand if you lived in sydney or melbourne, why someone would chose that transmission. It performed very well.

But the whole time I was driving I was wishing it was a manual.

This anonymous clan of slack-jawed troglodytes has cost me the election, and yet if I were to have them killed, I would be the one to go to jail. That's democracy for you. - C Montgomery Burns.

Offline looney

• Drives: VW Beetle
Went and bought a Fiesta ST instead.

Yeah it's just a shame that shifting gear in a Fiesta is its biggest downfall and ruins everything else about the driving experience of the car

Offline NBTBRV8

Meanwhile back on topic, who is getting one?

Offline looney

• Drives: VW Beetle
Meanwhile back on topic, who is getting one?

I'm guessin Ruskee mhh and yourself?

Offline NBTBRV8

I'm guessin Ruskee mhh and yourself?

Out of my league,  I am hoping 991.1 prices fall very quickly so I can afford one, otherwise I'll most likely be in a GT4.

My dealer has offered to sell the GTS on consignment which is good of them.  Just need to decide when.

Online JBO

• Drives: Something that doesn't meet my aspirations...yet...

Yeah it's just a shame that shifting gear in a Fiesta is its biggest downfall and ruins everything else about the driving experience of the car

i recognise your experience with the car might be different to mine. At the price point it's a sensational car and in 25000kms as a daily driver I've had no issue with the shift quality, nor have any of the worlds major automotive journos I might add. In fact they all like the gearbox as I do. But compared to higher end cars I'm aware it wouldn't feel anywhere near as good. The ST cost me $25k drive away!
This anonymous clan of slack-jawed troglodytes has cost me the election, and yet if I were to have them killed, I would be the one to go to jail. That's democracy for you. - C Montgomery Burns.

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: TBA
  • Name: Peter
PDK is old tech anyway.... was first used by Porsche in 1981 or thereabouts on the 956. :p
I'm trying to remember when manuals came out. Can you wiki that for me please?
I love my car. Buy your own

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater
Out of my league,  I am hoping 991.1 prices fall very quickly so I can afford one, otherwise I'll most likely be in a GT4.

My dealer has offered to sell the GTS on consignment which is good of them.  Just need to decide when.

It is only going to depreciate, so if the bucks are important sooner will always be better. I would think the 991.1 will take a hit right now; but Porker prices are so whacky ATM they may well double :D