Offline Simonoz

• Drives: Old 911's and V8's
I note with interest that Autohaus Hamilton have sold the silver 993 RS Touring, for which they were asking $440,000. That will make the dozen or so owners of the other Touring spec cars very happy, and the owners of the dozen or so Clubsport RS's even happier again.
Hope it gets used properly, and not locked away.

Offline robertb

• Poll Dancer

They could be the next car to start leaving the country,going by O/S prices ...upwards of 500k for a LHD RS touring ,goodness knows what they will pay for a RHD RS/CS.
Your car looks FAB,I'm trying to think if I have any photos of it when it was new or in 90s..did it ever race?

I bought one new ,the 1st touring to be sold here,ordered it 2 years before production dates.

Not because there gone up in value,its the only car of all quality cars I've owned i regret selling, I ordered mine without the wing ect but with the leather Recaro race seats,which very few touring models had...great cars,never forget a very quick Melbourne cup day drive over to Adelaide for about the last AGP there,K after K sitting on 210/220ks  no one around,great times.
IMO the last great road going Porsche,after these i can't  think of one I'd want to own long term...so light and so different to any other   Porsche made since.

Enjoy.

Offline Fil-Ski

• Drives: 993TT
The 20% VAT on modern cars in the UK makes it prohibitive to export Aussie cars unless a big price difference emerges. Classic cars only attract 5% VAT hence why they are leaving in droves.
Love the 993 RS.

Offline looney

• Drives: VW Beetle
Wow, these prices are just mind boggling.

Offline robertb

• Poll Dancer

The 20% VAT on modern cars in the UK makes it prohibitive to export Aussie cars unless a big price difference emerges. Classic cars only attract 5% VAT hence why they are leaving in droves.
Love the 993 RS.
What is the age in years for the 5% VAT?

Offline robertb

• Poll Dancer

Wow, these prices are just mind boggling.
Once again limited production figures vs demand .

Offline 9911

That second photo looks like it is at Batemans Bay. Great looking car

Offline Fil-Ski

• Drives: 993TT
What is the age in years for the 5% VAT?

It's not strictly speaking an aged base thing - the car simply needs to be a collectors’ piece of historical interest. However I don't believe this is adhered to strictly and 30 years is the general rule.

Offline robertb

• Poll Dancer

That second photo looks like it is at Batemans Bay. Great looking car
Yes June 1995 or 6...up the coast road then down via Canberra to the Hume hwy.As always for those days a fast trip.

Offline looney

• Drives: VW Beetle
Once again limited production figures vs demand .

I understand the basic economics of demand vs supply.  But the disparity between an rs and a regular 911 is vast (I mean this for old ones too), and it's not like they're completely different. If were talking a gt1 I'd understand it, completely different car that shares nothing. But cars that are just a version of a car that's much cheaper still doesn't make sense to my mind.