Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater
Don't you have a 360NGT?

Yes, do you want it ?  :p

The N-GT was in a way the catalyst for me selling the F50. I used to take them both to the track 3 or 4 times a year.
Towards the end of my tenure a track day went like this:

Jump in F50 and do half a dozen laps to get my eye in. Jump in N-GT for warm up session....get mind blown. Go out in F50 and wonder what the fark was wrong with it....no go, no whoa and no grip in comparison. Jump back in N-GT and never bother with the F50 for the rest of the day :D
One morning I walked into the garage to go to work, strolled past the F50 and thought  this is farking nuts having so much money tied up in a car that I hardly drove. Rang MM on the way to work and it was on the market.

Offline Condor Man

• Is it a Bird?? Well, sort of, Yes.... 300kph+ club
  • Plastic Surgeon

• Drives: A car
Don't even think about selling that car man, you were saying about how much you loved the 3.8 RS and how much you regretted selling your first one. To sell it only after having it for a month would be such a shame. Plus it will look cool parked next to the 991 RS.

I know.... I know....

I have RSR-3 and RSR-4 plates for both cars to which will look cool.
May the Horse be with you....

Offline Condor Man

• Plastic Surgeon

Yes, do you want it ?  :p

The N-GT was in a way the catalyst for me selling the F50. I used to take them both to the track 3 or 4 times a year.
Towards the end of my tenure a track day went like this:

Jump in F50 and do half a dozen laps to get my eye in. Jump in N-GT for warm up session....get mind blown. Go out in F50 and wonder what the fark was wrong with it....no go, no whoa and no grip in comparison. Jump back in N-GT and never bother with the F50 for the rest of the day :D
One morning I walked into the garage to go to work, strolled past the F50 and thought  this is farking nuts having so much money tied up in a car that I hardly drove. Rang MM on the way to work and it was on the market.

Yep.... it is those love hate relationships that cause us to sell our loved ones during the hate periods.

Offline alvchua

• Drives: Old junks
I have space for another 3 cars at my beach house which has a full secured lock up garage and alarm.

So maybe that is the answer.
my 2 cents - if you have the space and can afford to keep it, don't sell. Last manual NA RS - will always be in demand (after the 997 4.0RS)!
Forgiveness is easier to achieve than permission!

Offline mtarone

my 2 cents - if you have the space and can afford to keep it, don't sell. Last manual NA RS - will always be in demand (after the 997 4.0RS)!

+1

Offline Condor Man

• Plastic Surgeon

I hear ya.

Offline Fil-Ski

• Drives: 993TT
Keep it and get a 996 RS so you can get a collection going.

Offline M500

Yes and no.

None of them so far have been ideal.

I have some others that I am pretty keen on.

FWIW keep it if you can afford the money and room. As you would be well aware the cars available for sale have all but dried up so replacing it will be increasingly difficult.

Did you end up securing a site in Adelaide? My father is a commercial agent over there and said he has something coming up in the North Eastern suburbs (mortgage belt are of ADL) that would be suitable. PM me for his details if you want.

Offline ACP

• Lives in a Metro Tangerine

• Drives: McLaren
If I had said that my old man paid $105k for the 275 GTB/4 ten years before I sold it for $425k you would have an entirely different view :)

Bloody hell. A guy I know bought a black 275 GTB/4 in NZ back in early 2000s. I think he said it was around USD $500k at the time. Came from the US. Completely restored.

Shortly after be bought a 288 GTO from France with under 1,000 kms as well. Similar money I think he said. What's a 288 GTO worth now?

Offline RMV

• A Country Member

Bloody hell. A guy I know bought a black 275 GTB/4 in NZ back in early 2000s. I think he said it was around USD $500k at the time. Came from the US. Completely restored.

Shortly after be bought a 288 GTO from France with under 1,000 kms as well. Similar money I think he said. What's a 288 GTO worth now?

$3m+ IIRC.