Offline Ruskee

Is anyone familiar with this 1985  3.2 Club Sport?

http://www.claytonbespoke.com.au/car-gallery/porsche/338/1985-porsche-911-carrera

I've always fancied one but haven't a good example for years.  I am assuming that itís a UK import as donít think many of these came to Oz.  I might be wrong.

Possibly an appreciating classic? or maybe a heavily tracked money pit?

Offline Horse

• Hung like Einstein

Is anyone familiar with this 1985  3.2 Club Sport?

http://www.claytonbespoke.com.au/car-gallery/porsche/338/1985-porsche-911-carrera

I've always fancied one but haven't a good example for years.  I am assuming that itís a UK import as donít think many of these came to Oz.  I might be wrong.

Possibly an appreciating classic? or maybe a heavily tracked money pit?

Did you read the ad?
Why such a long face?

Offline tdc911

One of my mates just sold his genuine (unlike the ad) Aust-delivered Clubsport to the UK. Was offered so much he couldn't refuse.

Offline Ruskee

Yes I did read the add..  Sorry you'll have to spell it out.  What have I missed?

Offline Ruskee

sorry missed the clone bit!
Apologies.  Must wear glassses

Offline carl888

• Soap Dropper
  • Get her groggy, do her doggy

• Drives: OHOS
  • Name: Carl Jones
You need to do your homework about the 3.2 club sport :)  No 1985 models, but I think you realised that.

4 Australian deliveries, 3 white, 1 silver.  3 left here now.

A story about the silver car, but get any checked out very carefully, like you should with any vehicle.  The nicest specification one is the white/black cloth sport seats 3.4 litre conversion that Alan Hamilton made.  Not sure where that is now.

All of the UK cars were supplied without air.  I think that is mandatory in Australia.  You should drive one first however.

Offline carl888

• Soap Dropper

Just to make sure, you do realise the Club Sport had a different engine to the standard 3.2 Carrera?

Offline Simonoz

• Drives: Old 911's and V8's
You need to do your homework about the 3.2 club sport :)  No 1985 models, but I think you realised that.

4 Australian deliveries, 3 white, 1 silver.  3 left here now.

A story about the silver car, but get any checked out very carefully, like you should with any vehicle.  The nicest specification one is the white/black cloth sport seats 3.4 litre conversion that Alan Hamilton made.  Not sure where that is now.

The Hamilton car came to Perth. Was owned for years here by two owners, kept in very nice nick. Went to SA a couple of years ago. Not quite so tidy now we hear, at the risk of offending the current owner. Not that it matters, its worth a bomb now, much to the previous owners horror. He thought he'd cleaned up, and we all agreed at the time. Worlds gone mad.

Offline carl888

• Soap Dropper

If you are after something that gives the same driving sensations as a 3.2 Club Sport, with a little less capital, the absolute bargain of the Porsche G series range is the series 3 911 SC from the 1981 model year up to the introduction of the 3.2 in 1984.  These are identifiable by the small indicators on the side of the front guards.  A little secret, weigh a 3.2 Club Sport, then this late SC :)

Problem is, finding a good one.  They did sell quite a few however.

Offline 911clubsport

• Drives: 911 clubsport3.2, GT3
I am interested in the story about the silver car.  Can you give more info.
I own it.