Offline vegas

• It puts the lotion on its skinor it gets the hose

• Drives: Ferrari

I'm thinking about purchasing a Cayenne S see link below. I've been interested in owning one of these for some time. I know it largely depends on how well the car has been maintained etc, but I'm keen on your thoughts on-

(a) What is the scheduled servicing for a Cayenne S?

(b) How expensive are the services?

(c)  After the Cayenne's problems with the cooler pipe (I think it was fixed from 2005 onwards) - are there any common faults or possible expensive surprises hidden in a car such as this?

I will get a Porsche PPI, before purchasing - but sometimes dealerships don't like to divulge too much and would like to get advice from those who own, have owned or service these cars.

Cheers   

http://www.carpoint.com.au/all-cars/private/details.aspx?Cr=0&R=11924594&keywords=&trecs=161&__sid=1385D2FE3AAF&__Ns=pCar_PriceSort_Decimal|0||pCar_RankSort_Int32|1||pCar_Make_String|0||pCar_Model_String|0&__Qpb=1&__Nne=15&__No=15&seot=1&__N=834 1216 1246 1247 1252 1282 4294963552 4294963765&silo=1011
It puts the lotion on its skin, or it gets the hose again.

Offline ckbag

just had ours serviced (cayenne s MY2011) and just had a look at the service book.

A) its a little confusing but according to the service book you have a service every 2 years or every 30000km

with each service interchanging between intermediate service and full service.

it also says the car needs oil and filter change every year/15000km

kinda little pissed if this is true cause the dealer charged me for a intermediate service even though its been only 1 year         since new......

B) the intermediate service cost was just under $800 and i would imagine the full service which will be coming in 2 years time would be slightly more?

C) no comment

Offline vegas

OK thanks for the info.

Offline jamesatfish

I'd suggest making sure the car still has the Porsche Used Car Warranty (and it should if the owner has kept renewing it - you can extend up to 2016 for this car). 

Our 2005 Cayenne Turbo started suffering a few electrical issues from around 5 years old - nothing major but annoying quirks like flickers on the sat nav screen and reception issues with the keyless entry system.  All these issues were fixed but only after numerous visits to an (official) Porsche service centre to 'investigate' the problems - thankfully all covered by the warranty so they didn't cost a cent to rectify.  Without the warranty however those niggles would have been very expensive to repair - the fix for the sat nav flicker was an entire new PCM module for example.

Keep in mind the iPod integration is an after-market feature on the early Cayennes (though often factory fitted as ours was) and is at the expense of the standard CD changer in the boot.

You might also want to check out the 'electronic tune' that the ad mentions - if the car has been ECU modified (which doesn't actually help much in these naturally aspirated engines) you might not get the same warranty coverage for engine-related issues.

Offline vegas

Thanks that's some great insight I didn;t have and I'll check out those aspects. Cheers

Offline Joel

I got a Turbo you can buy if you want. 03 model tho

Offline allanuber

• Name: Al

Looks like LOTS of car for the money.

I've not had fast porker 4x4's but have had a few ML AMG's now - with the biggest ongoing 'consumable' cost being rotors / brake pads, then engine mounts ... in that order   :)

Big weight, big motors - so these bits seemed to suffer, though the cars in general have been great, comfortable lumps.

Post up on how you go, would love to hear how these are now the prices are quite good.
C'mon, do it!

Offline PA

• One man comedy gala

The Truth about Cars.

A customer who did not receive the   service he expected for his Cayenne used sex to drive home his point in a   photogenic way. A Chinese man threw body-painted girls into the battle   with his Porsche dealership.

According to Carnewschina,   Mr. Guo bought his Cayenne Turbo in July 2011 for the rather steep   price of 2.7 million yuan ($423,000). The driver claims that a few weeks   ago, the brakes failed while he was parking his Cayenne in an   underground parking lot. Result: Damaged Porsche, injured passenger.

Guo wanted his car to be fixed for free and his passenger compensated. The dealer in the Chinese city of Taiyuan deemed the brakes as operative and refused to pay. Not having received the satisfaction he desired, Guo embarked on a   publicity campaign that, as you can tell, now went global.  Two ladies   were body-painted. The left character means ‘protect’, the right means   ‘rights’. The Porsche logo was covered with a skull.

The damage did not pass the, albeit remote, inspection of   Carnewschina: “The Porsche actually doesn’t seem so damaged, it looks   more like Guo simply took the front-end off.” Carnewschina says that   ‘local authorities’ are looking into the matter, and it opines that the   painted ladies would be first to be interrogated.

Offline vegas

The Truth about Cars.

Thanks very helpful. If I buy the car, I'll also puchase a few asian ladies, just in case:)

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.
Was that Alvin there with his camera organising his next photoshoot?