Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Who's talking about buying here?

If there was a cheaper way, everyone would be doing it.

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

If there was a cheaper way, everyone would be doing it.

A move to NZ is being considered. The opportunities there seem pretty good and it's only 4 hours away, but it might just be dreaming.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

A move to NZ is being considered. The opportunities there seem pretty good and it's only 4 hours away, but it might just be dreaming.

OK, I see. I agree the income tax arrangements there are very tempting. I've never been there, I'm ashamed to say.

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater
The trouble is, the PDK is so good, I'm still not sure which I'd have in a GTS. The essential item for me though is one you'll probably never see ordered in Australia - PCCB. Everyone says the standard brakes are fine - and they are - but the extra bite of the carbon brakes adds so much to the driving experience.

Anyway, what colour are you going for? ;)

Mark, are the Porker CCB's any better than Ferraris versions? I found the Scud brakes to be pretty grabby at low speeds and lacked "feel" so they were hard to modulate. I also managed to get brake fade after a few laps at Phillip Island on the one time it was used by me on a track. So all up, not that stellar IMO. They are also noisy at low speeds; but I believe that is a characteristic of CCB's generally.

I will be interested to see what they are like on the Speciale. They are the next generation of CCB's and the same kit used on that LaLaLaLa star wars thing.

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater

NZ would be about the worst place in the world for my Profession, so no move for me that's for sure.

Australia is still a great place to live; but at the rate they are fucking it up I'm not sure how long that will last.

Offline NBTBRV8

I so hope they do a R version of this.

Haven't the new M3/4 reviews been flat, I've not seen a glowing one at all.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Mark, are the Porker CCB's any better than Ferraris versions? I found the Scud brakes to be pretty grabby at low speeds and lacked "feel" so they were hard to modulate. I also managed to get brake fade after a few laps at Phillip Island on the one time it was used by me on a track. So all up, not that stellar IMO. They are also noisy at low speeds; but I believe that is a characteristic of CCB's generally.

I will be interested to see what they are like on the Speciale. They are the next generation of CCB's and the same kit used on that LaLaLaLa star wars thing.

The Porsche carbon brakes are full of feel, powerful and silent whether hot or cold. They can be heartstopping though when really wet - just for a split second there is nothing.

The Italia brakes were a touch wooden until warm, and were then faultless. No noise or grabbing. The 650S brakes reminded me of the 458.

Offline Alpinem3e92

Yellow callipers do look good though don't they? Then again P charges $20k, unless you buy a turbo S or GT2RS where they are standard, as they should be for their price.

Another plus is zero brake dust lol

Offline theintelligent1

• Vodka is Just Unfinished Gin

• Drives: Miss Daisy

if you can move and still earn decent $ do it..........gorgeous country, things are sooo cheap and not to mention great booze.........

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

I so hope they do a R version of this.

I hope so too.  With a shorter diff, carbon brakes, buckets, sports suspension and more power, it could a fantastic car.

http://www.drive.com.au/motor-news/porsche-cayman-r-spied-20140514-38919.html