Offline HeadsUp

i have seen a damaged 1975 Porsche 911 carrera coming up for sale

It is not listed as a stat write off  ( fire damage )

but the listing says no compliance plate

Is that because of its age , or could it have been an import , or has the compliance plate been removed to stop it being rebirthed ???

I am looking for a porsche rolling chassis to convert to electric drive ( electric motor and batteries )

and i want the cheapest rolling chassis  ( i dont need engine or gearbox )

If the compliance plate was removed , does that mean i could never get it registered again ??

thanks for advice

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Short answer - being a 75 model it should have a compliance plate. If it was an original Aussie delivered vehicle it should have a plate.

But being a 75 model it may be an import which means that it may not have a plate - you need to find out the rego history of the thing to make sure it has been rego'ed before and that you can prove it. Also, in most states now it will need to be VASS'ed before rego, depends on which state you are from.

But since you are converting it to electric you will need to have it engineered all the way along the conversion process, so find an engineer to work with.

And talk to your local rego people to find out who much pain you are going to experience doing this little project before you even start looking at bodies. And ask them if this one can be rego'ed ever again - get it in writing if they say "yes".

Offline HeadsUp

that one ?

umm

ummm.........

if it is , i wouldnt advertise it too much in case other people came to bid against me  :gnasher:

it will probably sell for more than i am prepared to risk

needs alot spent

and the market for cars has a long way yet to fall in my opinion , this recession still has a long way to run

edited.........  even if i got it for cheaps....... and sold the burnt engine for 5 grand and gearbox for 2 grand , ........hmmm dunno

how much do you think it could sell for ?

edited again 

a nice red 1982 911 SC sold on ebay last week for $ 19,100

Offline PA

• One man comedy gala

The engine may not be burnt looking at the pictures. Call aPorschapart http://www.aporschapart.com and ask them what it's worth.

Offline allanuber

• Name: Al

Why do you need a porsche for you electric trolley? If you're doing it to make an impression then you're going to need to ante up a few bucks. Compared to engineering as Mondi notes above the porsche purchase price might not be that scary...
C'mon, do it!

Offline HeadsUp

The engine may not be burnt looking at the pictures. Call aPorschapart http://www.aporschapart.com and ask them what it's worth.

no they might buy it  :rolleyes:

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Unusual place for a fire or is this common??? Looks like an electrical fire being in the front like that.

Man, got some money to burn on that project, you will be spending a few $$$$s just to get it looking OK first. It looks to be an import but could be wrong.

Offline HeadsUp

Why do you need a porsche for you electric trolley? If you're doing it to make an impression then you're going to need to ante up a few bucks. Compared to engineering as Mondi notes above the porsche purchase price might not be that scary...

the engineering part i can do all myself and just have it inspected by a signatory , i am qualified to do the design and fabrication work

why porsche ?

i want something enjoyable to drive . thats the plus

the downside is it can be hard to park one anywhere without good security because of the turkeys who spit , scratch them or leave their dirty maccas wrappers on the car.........

:(