Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Did not realise that Evora prices had dropped to ~90K.

A few dollars less and they'll be a real catch.

They seem to drop by half after only 10,000k's or less, stuff that.

Offline allanuber

• Name: Al
They seem to drop by half after only 10,000k's or less, stuff that.

That's the first owner's problem. Given good Esprits have settled in price, an Evora at 70-80K second hand is a good enough deal and the next tear-up will be less horrible.

If you'd specced up up to almost 200K though... ouch   :)
C'mon, do it!

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

That's the first owner's problem. Given good Esprits have settled in price, an Evora at 70-80K second hand is a good enough deal and the next tear-up will be less horrible.

If you'd specced up up to almost 200K though... ouch   :)

Second hand would be a must, hardly run in.

Offline futurism

• Drives: Regretfully sold my GT3
  • Name: David
interesting topic for me too

I suspect I have the same sort of budget as Looney, $100k

I am about to fly home and put my car on the market, the stone chips are finally fixed (still needs a polish but the paint matches now!)

Wouldnt an Evora actually be slower than a boxster?

Looney - for the money you are talking, wouldnt the 996 turbo have been the best bet?
Before I go and buy one, do you want to tell me why you didnt seem to like yours? Theres no chance you are going to trade it with me now :)

Offline fivesix

Offline futurism

The orange one at the porsche centre in Adelaide has been there for ages. As in at least 6 months probably more, sitting outside in the sun and rain.

When I took my car there to look at a Porsche I mentioned it, and asked if they wanted another Lotus on the lot.

The guy said theres been no interest at all in the Evora so he doubts they would take another Lotus of any flavour as a trade.

Offline PA

• One man comedy gala

The orange one at the porsche centre in Adelaide has been there for ages. As in at least 6 months probably more, sitting outside in the sun and rain.

When I took my car there to look at a Porsche I mentioned it, and asked if they wanted another Lotus on the lot.

The guy said theres been no interest at all in the Evora so he doubts they would take another Lotus of any flavour as a trade.
It was there this time last year.

Offline PA

• One man comedy gala

Top Gear are testing Cayman R, Evora and BMW M1 on Ch 99 now.

Offline futurism

I would love a Cayman R
They are a bit too expensive
if I waited a year they could be in reach

Theres a newer model PDK Cayman S for $120k at the moment
http://www.carpoint.com.au/all-cars/dealer/details.aspx?Cr=11&R=13605415
Again too expensive, but its from a porsche dealer so others might come up with more k's privately that are closer to $100k
That ad seems to have pics from 2 different cars in it too

I like the white with black mirrors, wings, stripes

Offline looney

• Drives: VW Beetle
lots of good suggestions,

Evora really not my cup of tea,  M1 maybe a little expensive unless i could find a used one, actually a 135i could be an option.  but i think a boxster may still be the choice for me, just looking into gear set options to make it more fun to drive.

no rush anyway, its actually nice just having money sitting in the bank in this economic climate :D

Looney - for the money you are talking, wouldnt the 996 turbo have been the best bet?
Before I go and buy one, do you want to tell me why you didnt seem to like yours? Theres no chance you are going to trade it with me now :)

The Turbo was just such a let down after the GT3 :(    briliant car in every sense, dont get me wrong, and honestly a great car and could be used as a daily driver,   but as it was my weekend car, it just wasnt 'special' enough.  the GT3 was always an event to take out, it always got my heart racing and i was excited by it, the Turbo was just so good and capable it was a little numb compared to what i was used to.

additionally, i'm really not a fan of Turbo's, i much prefer a good N/A or supercharged car.  By the time the TT came on boost you were already at warp speed, and going to lose your license, so for it to be any fun you had to basically drive stupid.  the GT3 with diff gears, 2nd gear at 8k rpm went to 105kph  so was great, you could hammer it with instant power and just have a blast without going too far into stupid speeds.

My intention was to get an old school Esprit or 356 as my new weekender, as i've kind of lost interest in modern era cars now, however i've got a lot going on in my life at the moment, and im trying to simplify, so have decided i'll just stick to 1 car for a while.  i'm sure i'll get the itch again, but for now just want something that can be 50-75% of all the things i want in 1 package.