Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Isn't it just! Might be time for a Nullarbor GT3 road trip? We are looking forward to having dinner with the said couple later this week. They are great company. Always up to mischief, just how life should be.

I'll never forget when David told his Kamikaze joke in a Japanese restaurant here. He hit the punchline just as the waiter arrived. Remind him of it - I've never laughed so hard. :D

Yes, I want to drive the Nullarbor. One day!

Offline Fil-Ski

• Drives: 993TT
Belongs to a mate of mine. It is a gorgeous car, better than most. Being an S, it might be worth more than $140,000 here but perhaps not just yet. The UK is the place. Their market is red hot. Over there it would make closer to $200,000 Aus, and if the dollar drops, even more.Theres a 993RSCS for sale at 339,900 at JZM in the UK. $634,000 at one point recently. Serious money. At that price mine would be on the boat tomorrow.

The only issue on newer cars is that you have to pay 20% VAT on import which means that in some cases it's not worth exporting. On older cars  (30+ years) the VAT is 5%.

Offline looney

• Drives: VW Beetle
looks great,

I cant believe the $$$ these cars are getting now, (not just these, but any chrome bumper cars)

Offline allanuber

• Name: Al
A FB friend in Perth just posted pics of his new car.  I'd love one just like this.

A software engineer I met some years back got in touch recently - he's now changed career to 'retrotech' iconic cars.

He's done a 58 Vette (including the RHD conversion) and is onto a Porsche 964 now.

Purists will poo poo but with sensible mods some of these older cars are a fantastic non-stress proposition. I'll see if he'd keen to post up a thread for us.
C'mon, do it!

Offline app

Beautiful car, mhh.

Plenty of space in your bat cave to fit a classic in there. :)

Offline fivesix

A software engineer I met some years back got in touch recently - he's now changed career to 'retrotech' iconic cars.

He's done a 58 Vette (including the RHD conversion) and is onto a Porsche 964 now.

Purists will poo poo but with sensible mods some of these older cars are a fantastic non-stress proposition. I'll see if he'd keen to post up a thread for us.

Yes!

Offline JBO

• Drives: Something that doesn't meet my aspirations...yet...
This anonymous clan of slack-jawed troglodytes has cost me the election, and yet if I were to have them killed, I would be the one to go to jail. That's democracy for you. - C Montgomery Burns.

Offline Simonoz

• Drives: Old 911's and V8's
I'll never forget when David told his Kamikaze joke in a Japanese restaurant here. He hit the punchline just as the waiter arrived. Remind him of it - I've never laughed so hard. :D

Yes, I want to drive the Nullarbor. One day!

Kamikaze joke session booked for later this week. Joke teller said to say hi. He also said how good it is that you actually get in and drive those cars of yours. I agree. Head west one day, and dont forget its still ok to pack a radar detector and laser jammer over here.....

Offline JohnW

• Drives: 1958 Corvette Restomod, Porsche 911 ST Restomod

So this is where all the Aussie car nuts hang out! Thanks Allanuber, happy to post a thread on the Vette build if anyone is interested. Since this is a Porsche post, here is a pic of the 964 that I'm working on, inspired by the early 70's 911 ST, full exterior and interior backdate under way. Again, happy to set up a progress thread on this, love to get some feedback on this one.

Author note: Only one 964 was slightly injured in this project.

Offline looney

• Drives: VW Beetle
Love the 964, would love to backdate one to 2.8 RSR look.

Unfortunately trying to find a manual Carrera 2 964 for reasonable money is an impossibility these days  :-(