Offline s4008616

Hi all

Been reading this website for over 2 now, first time posting. I owned a BMW and Mini but nothing can be classified as exotic. Been dreaming for a 911 for about 10+ years now.

Both my BMW and Mini were custom ordered and been having them for about 5-6 years, ideally would do the same for a 911 but decided to try a lightly used one as I am finally into a stage of life I always hope for, ie, to change/upgrade car every couple of years. Therefore a lightly used one can minimise the depreciation hit.

I have got my eyes on this one:
http://www.carsales.com.au/demo/details/_/AGC-AD-15348600

I have never bought demo nor used car before.

What do everyone think?
-about the price?
-room of negotiation?
-should I trade in my BMW or sell it privately?
-anything else I need to know?

Kind regards

S

Offline mtarone

Price is reasonable, seems to hit the 'must have' options but isn't very far off what you could negotiate a new one for. More importantly does it have what you want? Coming from BMW I have ordered the sports design wheel with paddles and a few other options to personalize it.

Offline s4008616

Price is reasonable, seems to hit the 'must have' options but isn't very far off what you could negotiate a new one for. More importantly does it have what you want? Coming from BMW I have ordered the sports design wheel with paddles and a few other options to personalize it.

Thank you for your reply.
I am very surprised to hear that price is not far off from a custom order new car, as I read somewhere that new 911 only allow 2-3% of negotiation? Or it only applies to the new GT3 and Turbo? Also this car from the configurator is about $280-290k.

So is that true a custom build 991 can come down by 40-50k through negotiation?

Also you are right that ideally I would like the different steering wheel with paddles and also ideally I would like full leather.

So for a non GT3 and non Turbo 991, exactly how much negotiation is possible?

Offline Fil-Ski

• Drives: 993TT
I am very surprised to hear that price is not far off from a custom order new car, as I read somewhere that new 911 only allow 2-3% of negotiation? Or it only applies to the new GT3 and Turbo? Also this car from the configurator is about $280-290k.

Also you are right that ideally I would like the different steering wheel with paddles and also ideally I would like full leather.

2-3% sounds like some bullshit a dealer would say. Matt is right if you negotiate hard you can get a new car for that price with options especially if you have a few dealers in your state.

Offline PA

• One man comedy gala

Don't restrict your price checking to only your state dealers.

Offline mtarone

Always a difficult question to answer, it all depends on your relationship with the dealer, how keen they are to do a deal.

No you wont see 40-50k off, they don't need to sell cars at this price.

After looking at several used 991 C2S's I recently ordered mine from Porsche Adelaide and felt my discount was quite reasonable for both myself and the dealer. I felt that for the relatively minor difference in price, I'd prefer to get exactly what I want so am happy to pay more.

Why don't you try sitting down with the dealer, take in a copy of your build and see where you end up. Happy for you to PM me once you have a price to check if its a reasonable one.

Offline mtarone

Don't restrict your price checking to only your state dealers.

Porsche make it difficult to buy new interstate. Used is no problem though of course.

Offline mtarone

2-3% sounds like some bullshit a dealer would say. Matt is right if you negotiate hard you can get a new car for that price with options especially if you have a few dealers in your state.

That sounds like the US, they don't see much discount, but hey their 991's are $100k. I would happily write a cheque for the full amount if my Carrera cost that much!  :D

I'm not saying you will get a new 991 C2S for $239k, (I could be wrong!) but I think you'll find a new one might not be too far off that. Have a serious chat with your dealer and see where you end up.

Offline s4008616

Thanks for everyone's reply.

mtarone I will PM you once I got a price from the dealer.

At the mean time what about this one?

http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/AGC-AD-15292003?WT.seg_4=PriceAlert

It is a 4S but is 2013, one year old already. But has full leather and roof.

Am I still better off ordering a new one?

Offline Fil-Ski

• Drives: 993TT
Am I still better off ordering a new one?
If you can wait buy a new one with the options and spec you want. If you negotiate hard you will be surprised how much the dealer will drop.