Offline mtarone

Thanks for everyone's reply.

mtarone I will PM you once I got a price from the dealer.

At the mean time what about this one?

http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/AGC-AD-15292003?WT.seg_4=PriceAlert

It is a 4S but is 2013, one year old already. But has full leather and roof.

Am I still better off ordering a new one?

Have you driven a 4s /2s? Which one are you really looking for?

Might be best to determine this if you haven't. Drive both extensively and see what you think. I drove both quite a bit before making a choice.

Sounds like you need to narrow down your search a bit first.

Offline s4008616

Have you driven a 4s /2s? Which one are you really looking for?

Might be best to determine this if you haven't. Drive both extensively and see what you think. I drove both quite a bit before making a choice.

Sounds like you need to narrow down your search a bit first.

To be honest, GT3 is always my dream car. But when asking myself I probably don't have the driving skills to tell the difference between it and the 2s/4s. So I don't mind getting a 2S/4S if the dealers are willing to negotiate more than the GT3.

Offline mtarone

If that's the case then 2s will be cheaper so stick with that. Dealers won't negotiate on gt3's due to limited supply.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Slightly OT but it is interesting how many cars come through with the multi-function steering wheel rather than the sports wheels with paddles.  I guess many owners never change gears anyway, figuring they have bought an automatic :rolleyes: and prefer to be able to control the sound system from the wheel.  For many owners though, they will have other cars at home with paddles and they will find the buttons fairly useless when they get into their Porsche.

I note the new Macan has a similar wheel to the 918 - paddles and multi-function.  That can't be far off in the car that most needs it, the 911. (and the Cayman/Boxster)

Offline mtarone

Slightly OT but it is interesting how many cars come through with the multi-function steering wheel rather than the sports wheels with paddles.  I guess many owners never change gears anyway, figuring they have bought an automatic :rolleyes: and prefer to be able to control the sound system from the wheel.  For many owners though, they will have other cars at home with paddles and they will find the buttons fairly useless when they get into their Porsche.

I note the new Macan has a similar wheel to the 918 - paddles and multi-function.  That can't be far off in the car that most needs it, the 911. (and the Cayman/Boxster)

Would be nice if Porsche just dropped the buttons, but that seems unlikely.

There is some speculation that the 991.2 will get the Macan/918 style steering wheel.

Offline Fil-Ski

• Drives: 993TT
To be honest, GT3 is always my dream car. But when asking myself I probably don't have the driving skills to tell the difference between it and the 2s/4s. So I don't mind getting a 2S/4S if the dealers are willing to negotiate more than the GT3.

Can you wait? I would save some cash and just get what you want first time around or wait till second hand GT3s hit the market. Everytime you see a GT3 you will wish you bought it. It's going to save you lots of pain when your not happy with the 2S and get hit come tradin time.

Offline mtarone

Can you wait? I would save some cash and just get what you want first time around or wait till second hand GT3s hit the market. Everytime you see a GT3 you will wish you bought it. It's going to save you lots of pain when your not happy with the 2S and get hit come tradin time.

Waiting is overrated :)

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater

I saw the new Macan at the F1 GP on the weekend. I expected them to be relatively small; but they are no bigger than the previous generation BMW X3. Way smaller than the Cayenne and there is very limited rear leg room and a fairly small boot.

Offline JBO

• Drives: Something that doesn't meet my aspirations...yet...
This anonymous clan of slack-jawed troglodytes has cost me the election, and yet if I were to have them killed, I would be the one to go to jail. That's democracy for you. - C Montgomery Burns.

Offline JME63

I bought my first 991 few months ago, i had same issue, but i decided to wait something to come up, eventually it took me more that 6 months to find it, i am very picky on the option like full leather, colour of the interior, sport design kit...etc.
For me $200k+ for a car is really expensive, so you seriously need to find the one you want. My suggestion is go to the dealership and test the car, also understanding of each options, you will find your car a lot easier and quicker when you know what exact car you want.

btw, $180k + market is soft, all the dealers are hungry !