Offline Catford

• Special Fried Ricer

Lots of familiar locations around Adelaide in that trailer. Freeway & Sellicks Beach/Myponga Cliffs!

When it arrives Paul, I request a viewing. :D

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.
Freedom! Yay!
 I'd imagine Scott Hicks may have burnt all the prints. Unfortunately the servo where it was filmed down at Henley Beach was demolished and replaced with a new corporate style box.

I think youre confusing two different movies. Freedom starred the 911. The one filmed at Henley beach had Frank J Holden as the mechanic and starred my mate Gary's chopped FE Holden V8 and most of the cars from my car club at the time. My car being a 74 was deemed too modern :) Ive never even seen that movie, it was on TV one night and I fell asleep waiting for it.

Offline PA

• One man comedy gala

Saw the movie years ago. The guy who was the mechanic on the movie wanted to swap the engine in the Porsche for a VW engine before they pushed it off the cliff but the producer said no as some people might be able to tell the difference.

Offline 265T

The guy who was the mechanic on the movie

a mate of your brother???

Offline 1st

• Drives: The Historic & Heritage Numberplate market. Historic & Heritage plate dealers & auctioneers.
  • www: HistoricPlates.com.au
Silver 930 Turbo registered VIC BC-930.......I tried to buy the number years ago but it's still in circulation.

Part of the film was shot in the old BEA Motors showroom on Flinders St.....main character is looking over a 300SL Gullwing (silver with red, a famous local SA car).

The cool thing about the film, is how space aged the 930 looks when being pursued by the old what I think are HK or HQ Holden police cars.......

Classic. Must find a copy on DVD.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODNdhK1o1Pc

The 930 Is King.

Offline PA

• One man comedy gala

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.
I think youre confusing two different movies. Freedom starred the 911. The one filmed at Henley beach had Frank J Holden as the mechanic and starred my mate Gary's chopped FE Holden V8 and most of the cars from my car club at the time. My car being a 74 was deemed too modern :) Ive never even seen that movie, it was on TV one night and I fell asleep waiting for it.

Looked it up, it was called Return Home and according to Film Victoria grossed $60,000 at the box office in Australia.

Offline 265T

:(

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainment/movies/actor-jon-blake-dies/story-e6frf9h6-1226065903244

ACTOR Jon Blake, permanently brain-damaged in a South Australian car accident while driving back from a movie set 25 years ago, has died.

Blake succumbed to pneumonia on Sunday.

Blake, 52, was touted as one of Australia's best acting talents before the accident, which left him totally incapacitated and confined to a bed.

He later received a record compensation payout and remained in the care of his mother, Mascot Blake, before her death in 2007. His payout was partly calculated on his estimated earnings in Hollywood.

New Zealand-born, Blake was once hailed as the "next Mel Gibson". He made his name in TV series The Restless Years and A Country Practice and also starred in 1985 mini-series ANZACS.

He was driving back from the set of The Lighthorsemen near Port Augusta when he swerved to avoid an oncoming car and crashed into another car parked on the side of the road.

Blake did not suffer serious external wounds in the accident but was permanently brain-damaged, requiring him to receive full-time care.

His son Dustin Blake recently won a legal battle to take care of his father.

Members of Blake's family have extended their thanks to all the carers, volunteers and nurses who have helped look after the actor over the past 25 years, Network Ten said yesterday.

They say his funeral will be held later this week.

Latest Discussions