Offline Brenton

• 300kph+ club
  • DJ's like a mad ...........

• Drives: Yes
Great news.

It seems that the 2 indi Porsche guys are really nice to deal with and the Porsche centre is also great.

Great to hear positive reviews like this

Offline futurism

• Drives: Regretfully sold my GT3
  • Name: David
As Aemel pointed out, I badly need new tyres, I now know what a wear bar is and that my wear bars are nearly worn off turning my r spec tyres into proper slicks.

Currently I am stuck out in the desert all week working, which makes organizing things like this a challenge.

I am quite keen to get a more weather friendly tyre, I dont do track and I drive like a girl, so puddles are my biggest concern.

After years of hearing others discuss tyres in Adelaide, I called North Terrace Tyres to talk options.
I was keen to hear about Kuhmo, Yokohama, Toyo, fearing Michelin would be ridiculously expensive.

They called back promptly, to tell me that they can do Kuhmo, but they are crap, how about a deal on Michelin PS2, the full set for $1580 fitted, and can be done this Saturday morning when I am home.

This seems too good to be true! The tirerack.com price is $1500 USD, plus shipping, plus GST, plus delivery plus plus plus.

So hopefully this all goes to plan, but so far my experience with North Terrace Tyres has been exceptional.

Online mtarone

As Aemel pointed out, I badly need new tyres, I now know what a wear bar is and that my wear bars are nearly worn off turning my r spec tyres into proper slicks.

Currently I am stuck out in the desert all week working, which makes organizing things like this a challenge.

I am quite keen to get a more weather friendly tyre, I dont do track and I drive like a girl, so puddles are my biggest concern.

After years of hearing others discuss tyres in Adelaide, I called North Terrace Tyres to talk options.
I was keen to hear about Kuhmo, Yokohama, Toyo, fearing Michelin would be ridiculously expensive.

They called back promptly, to tell me that they can do Kuhmo, but they are crap, how about a deal on Michelin PS2, the full set for $1580 fitted, and can be done this Saturday morning when I am home.

This seems too good to be true! The tirerack.com price is $1500 USD, plus shipping, plus GST, plus delivery plus plus plus.

So hopefully this all goes to plan, but so far my experience with North Terrace Tyres has been exceptional.

I use PS2's and really like them for the type of driving we do. At that price don't bother with tirerack, go with NTT.

Offline Brenton

• 300kph+ club
  • DJ's like a mad ...........

• Drives: Yes
I use PS2's and really like them for the type of driving we do. At that price don't bother with tirerack, go with NTT.

Agreed
Just make it happen  :thumbsup:

Offline NBTBRV8

The PS2 is an old tyre design now, but one of the best for its time.  If you want to get pedantic make sure they are N rated, I think they are up to N2.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com

I got my fronts replaced recently, car was about to be put on the market so got cheapies recommended by my mate's bro who is in the tyre game - Maxxis somethingorother.

I'd previously written about r-spec tyres driving from Victor to Adelaide in cold and wet and how freakin' dangerous it is, what I might not have mentioned is just how damn sticky they are in the warm/dry - as in RIDICULOUS grip, they make an 850kg car feel like 3 tonne trying to turn into a slow corner, but at speed they are amazing.

Anyhoo, since putting these povvo tyres on driving has been a breeze! I can now steer around town with one finger instead of white-knuckle grip, and there's no tramlining - eg previously even the lightest issue with the road would cause the car to want to follow the imperfections into the scenery. Basically, the car was set up amazing for high performance driving, but getting from A to B was always a struggle.

Oh and yeah I was really worried about proper performance driving, but a few weeks ago I was in 3rd place out of about 20 Lotii doing a drive through Gorge/Corkscrew etc - can tell you it was definitely a sporty drive and I was hardly holding anyone up...

So yeah, maybe give the cheapies a shot if you're gunna do mostly city traffic and the occasional hills cruise. My R-specs cost $465 a corner and only rated to last 6-8k, the fronts I'm running now are like $110 or something and meant to last 20-30k.