Offline allanuber

• Name: Al
Congrats. Awesome car, and something you can use to stretch/grow your skills behind the wheel.

Going to do trackdays?
C'mon, do it!

Offline NBTBRV8

Welcome to the club.  Now you're lucky enough to know just how good they are.

Offline futurism

• Drives: Regretfully sold my GT3
  • Name: David
thanks everyone

have mainly been showing my parents and brother this morning

have the afternoon to myself so might head out for a drive later

not sure on track days, time will tell if I feel the need

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

Either rent or buy a 996 cupcar for a day.... they're only worth about $40k or so now and they're incredibly fast.

Save this one for road use. It looks way too nice to track.

Offline smileone96

• Drives: Black Cars

Offline Fil-Ski

• Name: Scuderia
Spotted turning onto Fullarton Road from Glen Osmond Road. Congratulations, looks great.

Offline futurism

Had the afternoon to myself so headed off for a short drive in the hills, hit a fair bit of traffic but thats OK as I need to learn how to drive the car properly. Some sloooooow speed stuff behind a soccer mum van gave me a chance to understand how wide it is etc.

I immediately appreciated the lack of wind noise, trundling along at 2000rpm with the windows up. I could hear the radio.
Similarly, turning the air con on produced cool air without any other noticeable effects.

Once I turned off Greenhill road onto some back roads, I could enjoy the noise, and speed some more, second gear is good for over 100kmph. The soundtrack is fantastic.
Everything feels so solid, the suspension is quite firm, but I dont find it to be ridiculously so.

Constantly getting up around 7000 RPM between corners in second gear before applying the brakes which are an order of magnitude more confidence inspiring than my old car was the order of the day.

I noticed a massive amount of dust and whatever else was sucked up and blown back behind me, giving me a new appreciation for how my old car got so stoned chipped following various other Porsches over the years!

After an hour or so of nothing more than 5/10 (for me, not for the car!) driving during which time I never got out of shape (I think thats quite hard to do), and hit the ABS once, I parked in Hahndorf.
It was surprisingly busy but parking is easier due to the increased visibility.

I enjoyed a diet ginger beer and a bag of popcorn before heading home along the freeway, using cruise control, a new novelty for me.

On my way into Hahndorf I snapped a few shots, the light was crap, and the location not great. Also I need a new plate as I now find the standard one ugly.
Heres a few, lots more at http://r4d.org/photos/gt3-3/

Offline futurism

Spotted turning onto Fullarton Road from Glen Osmond Road. Congratulations, looks great.
saw you, mini, fox something, save feris sticker!
wondered who that was, even snapped a pic to post here later :)

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Futurism, interested in a Tassie weekend coming up soon?  That would bond you and the car in a major way. :thumbsup:

Offline futurism

probably just a bit too soon and given the month off work I had recently, hard for me to commit with confidence

appreciate the offer though, think of me next time

speaking of the month off work, this is a bit sentimental but I was in Sichuan province, and hiking in the same mountains where theres been an earthquake today thats killed a few people

I spoke about it on my travel website last week, how it had all been rebuilt, with many photos

I heard this news whilst out driving, and it made me appreciate not waiting any longer or holding out for more money on my trade in etc.
Dont want to die waiting.