Offline dkabab

nope GT3's are seemingly difficult to shift, even the Porsche dealer has said that to me.

I'm sure he followed that statement with, "and that's why I'm offering such a low trade-in"

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

nope GT3's are seemingly difficult to shift, even the Porsche dealer has said that to me.

Let's keep that a secret from leburpor. ;)

Offline leburpor

• Loves Tom Cruise

One reason it's hard to move is cuz most not willing to budge on price. One even insulted me for my offer.. Lol... Tis ok, I've got time :)

Offline looney

• Drives: VW Beetle
I'm sure he followed that statement with, "and that's why I'm offering such a low trade-in"

haha, nope, quite the opposite actually, after having sold my GT3,  i was at the dealer looking at their 997 GT3, and he said something to the effect "you know first hand how hard it can be to sell a GT3"

I think its because a GT3 is generally going to be a 3rd car, where as other cars in that price bracket people buy as a second car, for weekends. in turn it reduces your potential market a little, especially in tough economic times (just a theory anyway).

Offline NBTBRV8

haha, nope, quite the opposite actually, after having sold my GT3,  i was at the dealer looking at their 997 GT3, and he said something to the effect "you know first hand how hard it can be to sell a GT3"

I think its because a GT3 is generally going to be a 3rd car, where as other cars in that price bracket people buy as a second car, for weekends. in turn it reduces your potential market a little, especially in tough economic times (just a theory anyway).

Seeing how long all the GT3s have been on the market I would tend to agree.  However this doesn't seem to budge their price, maybe because there aren't that many for sale.

Offline allanuber

• Name: Al

and as per loony ... 3rd car... no need to rush to sell if that's the case generally...
C'mon, do it!

Offline futurism

• Drives: Regretfully sold my GT3
  • Name: David
I watch the GT3 market but watch for 996's as I cant afford a 997
theres not been a 996 GT3 listed for months now, and the better ones that were there 6 months ago are all gone

I really should have done more when there was a low km silver one in SA!

Offline CortinaD

Is AT taking offers on the black 997.1? I swear that thing has been on carsales for 2 years now.

Offline looney

• Drives: VW Beetle
I watch the GT3 market but watch for 996's as I cant afford a 997
theres not been a 996 GT3 listed for months now, and the better ones that were there 6 months ago are all gone

I really should have done more when there was a low km silver one in SA!

well my GT3 was one of the cheapest, and (without bias) one of the best GT3's avalable, yet it still took 12 months to sell :( 

Im still in touch with the new owner, and he still has a grin from ear to ear after 9 months.